First log in and 1st post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the bike

Re: First log in and 1st post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the b

You guys are right about pictures.

Here are a few shots of my flooded '01 taken by insurance company after being totaled.

DSCF2177.JPG

DSCF2179.JPG

DSCF2188.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: First log in and 1st post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the b

Here is the new one. You'd never guess what's inside. Completely stealth.

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2253.JPG

DSCF2254.JPG

DSCF2255.JPG

A more careful look reveals the truth. What's that odd looking guage on the right upper? Where did the oil cooler go?

DSCF2258.JPG

DSCF2257.JPG

Even a stock Busa accelerates so hard that it's difficult not to slide back. This causes a rider to hold on to the handlebars, thus creating an unwanted steering input, especially dangerous under acceleration when the front gets light. Any type of tank grip glue of material does not eliminate the issue completely. I recongized this problem a while back. Here is my solution - a custom pad attached to the front of the hump. You'd be amazed about the resulting relaxing feeling in arms and hands - under the hardest acceleration. Tested on the street and on the track. For those who are interested, I will provide details how to make one easily, for a total cost of less than $20.

DSCF2260.JPG

DSCF2261.JPG

Back in December, Frank from Powerhouse had a sale on Hahn stage 1 turbo kit. Just wanted to thank everyone who did NOT jump on the offer, if you know what I mean. LOL

I also need everyone's help in picking the name for my new bike.

My old bike had a name which came out of a very trivial thing. The word "motorcycle" starts with an "M" and ends with "L", "E". Whenever I would go on the ride, I'd tell my family that what I am about to do starts with an "M and ends with "LE". After a while, the expression stuck. So, if you spell "M L E" out loud without a pause, you get the name "Emily". As a result, I started to refer to the bike by this name.

The new bike didn't reveal to me her name yet, but what rings a bell sounds something like "Red Devil" (too harsh), "Red Riding Hood" (too long, and doesn't really mean much), "Red Lightning" (too cliche), so is "Red Arrow". It should definitely start with the word "Red", and whatever the next and final word is, it should represent hidden and subtle power, unexpected power to fly (she has a very stealth look as you see from the shots). BTW, she sounds very nice - a low powerful growl when idling. "Red Cat" is not it... "Red Beast" - not true. "Red Panther"? No, she doesn't jump.... So, help me out please.

I just love the stealthy look. Hidden from everyone's eyes. Only those who pay attention are rewarded with a discovery. I am not interested in showing off. Not to mention, I wouldn't want extra attention at track days.

All I see is a bunch of red X's

Update your software.. :poke: ...all pics work FINE for me... :beerchug:

Looks great! :thumbsup:

What mods? How many psi? Glad you got a TURBO bike... :laugh:

It's set up to 9 psi max. Welded clutch mod, harder clutch springs, more aggressive oil pump gear, clutch slave support, Muzzy metal fan, groud (not sure about spelling - bolts to hold the intake so it doesn't pop under pressure), Engine Ice coolant, EK ZZZ X-ring chain and sprockets (stock ratio), gutted thermostat for more coolant flow to lower coolant temperature, synthetic heavy gear oil 80W in the damper. That's about it - all else is stock.

Overall approach was to be conservative in order to promote reliability, and not trying to squeeze extra few HP's. Net result: max HP in low 240's.

Nice cranberry :thumbsup:

:bowdown::bowdown: Sweet new bike.. its still sad seeing the old one go tho..

Back