First lightning of the year

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
A small but quick line came rolling in about 10pm, I was grabbing camera gear and heading out to get some shots... I got in a great area free of trees to catch the storm coming in but in seconds it was on top of me... I snapped one exposure before high tailing my fat butt carrying a metal tripod for the house...

First and last shot in the open....
3.jpg

These pics are from the back porch, the storm was right above us at this point....
2.jpg
1.jpg

Then wham on my left a huge flash and you can see how close it was....
DSC_1689-left big.jpg

I cleaned my shorts and wham right in front of me... I had not had time to set the camera on the exposure that I wanted so the light is terrible but you get the idea....
DSC_1699.jpg

I went inside and changed for a second time and called it quits for the night...

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

DSC_1689-left big.jpg

DSC_1699.jpg

Is it heading east?? The wind is really starting to pick up here.

Great shots Doug - we get lightening storms one time year year (typically around early June) & I have to go out on the back porch to just watch the show. :thumbsup:

Neat pics .
I love thunder and lightning .
We get awesome thunder boomers here as well with 100s of strikes in just a couple hrs regularly .
Something I can't get enough of , a good rainstorm.
The sun after is always nice as well .

Thanks for soilin' two pairs of boxers for us !
:thumbsup:

tis the season, you guys are right in tornado land in Oklahoma huh, guess we are too here in KC

Back