Lightning Pics

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I was lying in bed when I saw some flashes of light...then heard thunder. Odd, we weren't supposed to get rain tonight... Anyway, I looked at the radar and a storm was developing directly overhead. I decided to grab my camera and head out for pics. Not the greatest, but this is what I was able to capture before the storm moved south...never bringing a drop of rain. LOL

IMG_8048.jpg
IMG_8050.jpg
IMG_8056.jpg
IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

Very cool pics! We had a reactor SCRAM at work the other night caused by lightning. Fun stuff indeed. I'm sure you guys get some wicked looking storms out there this time of year. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Very nice.... I have a list of say 2000 or so things I wanna do before I die and catching lightning in picture is one of them... I never seem to catch it in time... grant it I have not tried in a while either but you have inspired me thank you and great job !

Cloud to cloud stuff is always cool especially when viewed from the air. Thanks for sharing the pics, Omar.

Good stuff, yo! The pix turned out nice.

Apparently, all the water which usually accompanies such visuals has decided to make its home here in San Diego this weekend.

What a tragic representation of SoCal weather!!!

You will NOT be riding today, SoCal...:nono: -Mother Nature

getting pretty good at that you are :) how long of an exposure are you shooting at? I tried 15 seconds with mixed luck..

very cool...i'm going to get some shots like this one of these days :beerchug:

Thanks all. I wish I would have gotten out sooner. When it started it was a nice light show. By the time I decided to go out and grabbed my gear it the storm had already moved south... I should have more opportunities coming up LOL

how long of an exposure are you shooting at? I tried 15 seconds with mixed luck..

I had my camera set on Bulb and just held the shutter open until the lightning hit. The first 3 vary from 12 - 15 seconds. The last one was held open for 25 secs. I was using a 55mm - 250mm lens, set at 55mm, f/5.6, ISO 100.

Back