Finally!!!

Alright!! Took my first real ride yesterday with my buddy from tulsa. He rides a GSXR 1000 with a lot of mods done to it. Alot of engine work as well. We put on around 175 miles, and got to ride alot of different type roads.

I am freaking amazed my the Busa. My favorite feeling yesterday was being in the middle of a tight curve at speed, leaned over, and having that feeling of losing it. Just giving it more throttle, and the bike finishing the curve with no problem. Going where I point it. The other feeling was traveling at 186 mph with throttle left over. I know, I know. Not safe. Or legal. but we found a stretch of good hway, with no law enforcement, and got on it for a few miles. NICE!!

My buddy races alot, and really knows how to handle a bike. Knows how to stunt, and really is good and giving me pointers and tips. But also, it really sucked when his liter bike would walk off and leave me. I am going to have to do some mods in the future, so he isnt that much faster. J/K I am happy with the bike, and future mods are as stated above, and more for comfort and touring.

welcome!!

on helmet... fit comes first.. a lid that does not fit your skull is pretty useless.. round and oval heads take different brand lids...

after you have tried on the various helmets and found the brand that fits you (Shoei, Arai are typical Oval head and Soumy is a good round head brand).. then start hunting.. if you buy on something like ebay, only buy "new" and also request the "born on date" a helmet that is 4 or 5 years old (even though new) may not be in your best interest..
i agree with mr. bicuit, my helmet "feels too small", but is the correct size and fit. dsr motorsports had a good clearance sale on helmets. :thumbsup:

05' Red & Black Busa... Definately the fastest of all Busa's Made... Of course I am extremely biased on that part.

Congrats..I bought an 05 just short of 2 months ago and have really been enjoying it. I have been having a hard time finding the matching 05 Red/Black Shoei helmet though....

Here is mine...
cd1fcb3374c36bf82bc57c73acb0a3c00_large.jpg

Back