Finally!!!

oklazukguy

Registered
Hello everyone. My name is R.C., my wife is Sherry. We live in McAlester OK. Been lurking and cruising the classifieds for a while, wanting a Busa and looking for a deal. Well, this weekend me, my wife, daughter and soninlaw drove up to Kansas City, MO and picked up my bike. It is an 05 with 5000 miles on it, with a Micron 4-2-1 exhaust, PC3, and a 6" swingarm. I have only been riding it for 3 days, but I am already in love with it. I finally have a bike that feels good on my tall frame. I must admit.... it scared the shyte out of me. Its like one, huge, wadded up ball of mean between your legs. But I have just been cruising around town, getting used to riding again. Its been about 10 years since I owned a bike, so I am taking it slow for a while. Everyone on here seems nice, and helpful, and it is nice to meet you all. Below is a pic taken in Kansas City, when we first loaded it. Thats my daughter on the bike, so be nice!!!More pics to come.

Also, the helmet that came with the bike is too small. But it will fit my wife. After buying the bike, funds are low for a while, so if any of you can point me to some good sites that have sales, clearances or discounts on lids, I would appreciate it.
displayimage.php

Awesome bike, great pic. Congrats. :beerchug:

Try newenough.com great deals, check out their closeouts
Also the sponsers may be able to hook you up.
You could also try ebay.
Go to a shop and try on different brands sizes etc so you will know what you like

Good looking scoot - are there spots on the pic or is there rash on the scoot? Good sources of gear are all over, several sponsors stock lots - also, newenough.com carries a lot of overstocks and closeouts - you can usually find pretty good stuff on there.

Welcome!

Smokin'!!!

Nice bike, too! :laugh:

Welcome aboard, man. Poke around, you'll find a helmet that works for you.

--Wag--

Newenough.com, a great place to get gear cheap!

Oh and :welcome:

Congrats on the new scoot! Check out the classifieds here for deals on stuff. As others have said, NewEnough.com is a great place as well. You should have let us know you were getting it in KC. There are several members in the area and a great shop (Smithers Customs) to get things taken care of.

scoropion is you friend, why didnt you post a pic of the bike ???? :whistle: :laugh:

:welcome: to your new addiction/family

:welcome:to the Org.
+1 on trying on several different brands of helmets. Find what fits best and then look for a sale on that kind.
Great bike! Have fun and ride safe.:beerchug:

:welcome:

Newenough.com or any of our sponsors that sell gear can hook you up on everything you need.

welcome!!

on helmet... fit comes first.. a lid that does not fit your skull is pretty useless.. round and oval heads take different brand lids...

after you have tried on the various helmets and found the brand that fits you (Shoei, Arai are typical Oval head and Soumy is a good round head brand).. then start hunting.. if you buy on something like ebay, only buy "new" and also request the "born on date" a helmet that is 4 or 5 years old (even though new) may not be in your best interest..

Back