Finally Took Ya'lls Advice & Got A Lawyer

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
To Recap: This is in regards to the accident I had 10 days ago when a drunk woman slammed her brand new '05 mustang into the back of my '03 Tundra while I was stopped at a traffic light/intersection. Very little damage was done to my Tundra as the the primary impact was to the "welded reese hitch/step bumper" however...the front of her mustang was demolished and towed as un-drivable as she was arrested and jailed overnight for DUI.

Even though the accident happened on the 6th and she was released on the 7th she never made contact with her insurance co. until the 9th..and despite many voice mail phone calls by me...they (we both have the same insurance company "Progressive") never made contact with me unti yesterday...where they offered me $500...then $750...then $900 and finally $1,000 to sign off releasing them/her from any further medical liability.

The Injury/Pain Situation: I had just aqquired a new fantastic job and only been working there for 2-3 weeks as they have me in a 3-6 month training period programming and operating 5 & 8 axis cnc grinding centers...so despite the lower back pain I was reluctant to risk my new job by seeking medical attention and dealt with the pain which seemed to be slowly getting better but burned like a biotch after a 10 hour shift of standing/sitting at a machine.

In the early going I told this peckerhead my situation to explain why I was reluctant to get doctors and lawyers involved...and yesterday he was ready and willing to run to my house and cut me a check for $1,000 to sign off...I asked him to get back with me after this weekend as I wanted to see how my back felt come mondqay after yet another weekend of rest and he responds with...

"Well Mr. Jinks...I need a yes or no answer right now or I'm going to hafta withdraw the offer."

and that's when I blew up...and told him..

"Well That's Hot Shid there buddy...I wait over a week for you to get back in touch with me and now the best you have to offer me for my pain, suffering and inconvienence is $1,000 to sign off and release your client from any further financial responsibility and now you can't even give me a weekend to think about it without threatening to retract your measley freaking offer?...WTF!!!...would you take $1,000 to let me hit you across the lower back with a baseball bat cause that's what it felt like!!!...You're forcing me to get a lawyer..aren't you!!!"

Him: "I'm not forcing you to do anything and you can consider this offer withdrawn cause if your back really was hurt you'd of seen a doctor by now...I call you back next week to re-negotiate."

Me: "Don't bother calling me back at all if it's for more of the same...I'll be contacting a lawyer shortly."

Him: "Good...an when ya do have'em call me right away to let me know who they are and how to get ahold of'em."

I wished him a nice weekend and slammed the phone down...end of conversation.

Then I followed ya'lls advice...did a qick search on the net...got a nice lady lawyer..and I just returned home from an appointment she made for me on a saturday morning with her chiropractor service...I got a full chiropractic exam with x-rays and thermal scanning...the results?

They were amazed they could still see slight visual bruising all thge way across my lower back...thermal scanning showed lotsa soft tissue damage of my lower back and x-rays exposed I have suffered a slightly twisted spine.

The Good News: They started a series of adjustments today including cracking my neck (damn that felt good..you guys should see how much more range my neck has now!!!
biggrin.gif
Amazing!!!)...but they also put me on this pneumatic puncher table (best way I can describe it) to start re-aligment adjustments of my lower spine (that hurt)...but then they ended off with 5 minutes of cold pack massage of my lower back.

The real good news?: I told the doc that I ride a sportbike and that it was actually easy on my back than stepping up into and sitting upright in my truck for any period of time...expalining to him that the leaning forward, reaching for the bars seemed to decompress the pain and my gut resting on the tanlk relieves the strain...he smiled and told me ...well it sounds like you oughta be riding your motorcycle.
biggrin.gif

And now?...I can't wait to see this ##### of a claims adjuster in court...to thank him...for being a complete @$$ about the whole thing...as I'd of been screwed had I taken what he offered.

From this?...I also learned that I'm gonna drop progressive as my insurance company...and I won't be getting state farm or the gecco either...as I'm gonna look for some little A+ rated....less mainstream...obscure insurance company just to make certain that I never get in an accident again with someone who has the same insurance as I...especially rich women who live in palm beach and drive around in brand new mustangs....drunk.

Thanks for all the advice guys and...

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Funny, your experience is identical to a friend of mine - hit from behind by a lady insured by Progressive. They paid off quickly on his damaged bike but refused to go over $1000 for his injuries. He wound up suing her and collected about $14,000.

Good luck!

ask for the big bucks ..jinks the rat bastids.. try that with everyone.. hope yah got a good lawyer.. good luck .. n btw .. love the " bat useage refferance " ..
laugh.gif

If you are going to look for an insurance company. Could i suggest nationwide? Someone hit me in a snowstorm a few months ago and within 2 days there was an ajuster at my job! to cut me a check for $4534. for repairs on the car alone...... My car is still cracked up .. but there is a brand new bike in my front yard:)

I'm going through this staff now as we speak.I know how you feel.
Unfortunatelly I t-bone a vehicle with my motorcycle while I was riding with my wife on the back.I just found out that the bike is a scrapyard now,write off.
I have a lawyer with 19 years of experience in accidents.Hope I can ride again next season.:(
Your injuries on your back sounds minor.Wish you full recovery:)
smile.gif

I dunno Jinks.

I think this is part of the "Problem with the World".

Lawyers getting rich.

I know, I know...yer all hurt an' stuff. Yer a big strong guy,an' yet now yer all fugged up. You got rear-ended.

Now.... our society is about to get "Rear-Ended".

I dunno man...

I thought you were made of better metal.

maybe someone should take a stand one day....

take a stand and just say no.

No more money for the blood sucking lawyers.
No more money for cheesey insurance claims.
No more money for those who haven't worked for it.

I know, I know... yer all banged up...you can barely drive your "Worlds Fastest Production Vehicle" you hurt so bad. You may have to take a taxi-cab to cash the insurance check.
Actually... you can still ride. You can still do everything.

Research shows... 70% of backpain is mental...not physical,even thou...you've got a team of experts saying you have "Soft Tissue Damage"

ya....uhuh.... I suffered soft tissue damage just last night...

JERKIN OFF....

the drunkin kundt who hit you.... jail her for a long time.

How much money should you reap from the insurance company...

let your consience be the judge....

I dunno man.... maybe we should all take a stand.

an' just say NO.

i'm sorta on the fence about the suing thing..

on one hand I'd like to think I wouldn't take advantage of the situation. Not saying you are Jinks... ya got pain, ya got sufferin'... thats what they all say they are payin' for.. so more power to ya... maybe I would feel differntly if she was just out driving and zoned out .. or god forbid was on a cell phone.. but she wasn't.. she was drunk.. all bets are off in that scenario as far as I'm concerned.

The only time I was in a wreck that was my fault. .. 30 mph.. me didn't see her and we bought hit.. she dodged.. slid off the road.. bumped a tree.. did $400 worth of damage to the truck.. (new bumper).. got her knee fixed that was proven to have had a prior condition for atleast 5 years.. and start up money for her business.... about $50,000 total..

course she went broke and is workin at the gas station now night shift... love stopping in there and droppin' hundreds for a dr. pepper when she's workin and just act like I don't even know who she is.. haha..

doesn't happen often though.. hehe wife takes all the hunerts.

anyway... What goes around, comes around. I'm a firm believer.

That bein said.. that little ####### from the insurance place with his attitude are more than enough reason to rape them in my opinion and then send them a letter stating why ya did it after the dust settles... haha Wouldn't that be a b***h to find out management has a letter indicating you and your attitude were the reason they just had to pay out thousands of bucks... bad day at the office to say the least.

"Dear Sirs.. I just wanted to inform you that had it not been for the actions of Joe Butwhiffer I was prepared to settle this case with no settlement whatsoever... but he just had to be a little beeeetch!,, ,thanks for the money.. I'm off to Tahiti, and when I return I shall send you some pics of all the killer mods I'm doing to my bike... Again, thank mr. whiffer for being such a ##### and convincing me to sue."

If what goes around comes around, then Jinx would have made it to his destination without being hit & the women would have driven off a cliff before injuring someone else! If what goes around comes around! You see it happen all the time, bad things happening to good people. I don't think Jinx is taking advantage of the situation, I think he's looking out for his best interest, specially since the insurance company tried to "cornhole" him with a thousand dollar settlement.

Just me .02, take it as such!

Good luck Jinx!

You did the right thing jinkster. Nowadays with the law being so complex and all the little "Loopholes" the insurance companies try to screw you over with, it's very hard without legal representation. You gotta have it in a situation like this especially if you are not at fault. Good luck with your case and keep us updated as to what happens.

My brother had a similar accident had a toyota truck with a smittybuilt bumper. He was stopped at a red light and a lady rear ended him going about 40 mph. The truck had minimal damage but the car was totaled. Her insurance Co. offered some lowball one time payment for medical bill He refused and got a lawyer. Her insurance co. said that since there was not that much damage to his truck he could not have been hurt that bad, just the opposite his body took all the force from the accident and messed his back up good. The deal he got was Her insurance co. paid to get his truck fixed, paid for the medical bills he already had, about 5000 for pain and suffering and any future medical bills relating to his back for life. He never really had back problems before but now his back is messed up.

Don't settle for a lump sum payment!!!!

I dunno Jinks.

I think this is part of the    "Problem with the World".

Lawyers getting rich.

I know, I know...yer all hurt an' stuff. Yer a big strong guy,an' yet now yer all fugged up. You got rear-ended.

Now....  our society is about to get   "Rear-Ended".

I dunno man...

I thought you were made of better metal.

maybe someone should take a stand one day....

take a stand and just say no.

No more money for the blood sucking lawyers.
  No more money for cheesey insurance claims.
  No more money for those who haven't worked for it.

I know, I know...   yer all banged up...you can barely drive your "Worlds Fastest Production Vehicle"  you hurt so bad. You may have to take a taxi-cab to cash the insurance check.
Actually... you can still ride.  You can still do everything.

Research shows...   70% of backpain is   mental...not physical,even thou...you've got a team of experts saying you have "Soft Tissue Damage"

ya....uhuh....    I suffered soft tissue damage just last night...

JERKIN OFF....

the drunkin kundt who hit you....  jail her for a long time.

How much money should you reap from the insurance company...

let your consience be the judge....

I dunno man....   maybe we should all take a stand.

an' just say NO.
Ya know that's great for 1940. BUT today you really can;t be the pioneer to say no or they'll walk all over you PERIOD. We are no longer a "punch them back" society. Our weak points are our wallets.

If he settles for less, he takes the pain and they walk away to screw over the next guy. The more you cost them, the more they need to charge thus lowering their clientel. These companies don't take profit loses, they pass it directly onto the consumer. If your insurance lowered last year its purely because someone else's doubled and they value your less-risk account more that the higher risk account.

Screw them for every penny they have. Their jobs will be passed onto whoever absorbs the company. The company will go on, Just under new management/owners.

It sickening that insurance companies are actually above the law. They know exactly what damages cost. BUT they'll barter and jew you for the last dime. Turn the tables, inflate an insurance estimate and they want to prosecute. Last I checked, fraud is fraud.

make sure you get everything you're entitled to, half of what the last guy didn't get and 3/4's of what the next guy walks away from so hopefully balances and checks can be made.

Back