Finally Released from HELL!

meductic

Registered
Well looks like my tour here in Iraq will be finished in a few days!:cheerleader: Back home I go for a week or so then off to Kuwait where I have accepted a job with Halliburton. Nice to be back in the real word! At least working in Kuwait will be on a rotational basis...35 days in Kuwait, 35 days off in Canada! 35 days off = lots of riding time! Hope to see you all on the road!

Cheers!:cheerleader:

Nice. What are you doing for Halliburton

My wife would kill me if I did that though lol

I was working for them before I went to war as a Supervisor. Now they have offered me a higher position as Service Leader in charge of about 300 guys. We service, drill, cement, stimulate, log, perforate oil/gas wells! It's a job that I truley love! Got any oilfield experience????

Funny actually. My dad worked for Total Patroleum as a purchaser and seller (parts, trucks, all the big stuff). Got laid off and then worked for a private firm doing just that. When he passed I went to clean out his desk and his boss offered me the job cause I knew it. Wasnt great at it but I was able to close his accounts. No schooling or professional background in it.....Do you guys offer training lol

I asked cause I knew the company from following the oil business my whole life.

Congrats on the job promotion.

Funny actually. My dad worked for Total Patroleum as a purchaser and seller (parts, trucks, all the big stuff). Got laid off and then worked for a private firm doing just that. When he passed I went to clean out his desk and his boss offered me the job cause I knew it. Wasnt great at it but I was able to close his accounts. No schooling or professional background in it.....Do you guys offer training lol

I asked cause I knew the company from following the oil business my whole life.

Congrats on the job promotion.

Thanks! Sorry for the passing of your Father. These type of jobs at Halliburton you kinda learn as you go and they offer way too much training...lol. You'd have to start in the States before they ship you overseas but it's a great job. I have an oilfield engineering degree but when it came down to me getting hired it didnt really count for much....

Well looks like my tour here in Iraq will be finished in a few days!:cheerleader: Back home I go for a week or so then off to Kuwait where I have accepted a job with Halliburton. Nice to be back in the real word! At least working in Kuwait will be on a rotational basis...35 days in Kuwait, 35 days off in Canada! 35 days off = lots of riding time! Hope to see you all on the road!

Cheers!:cheerleader:

Congratz :thumbsup:

sounds like a good jobs, getting paid more to do a job you're already doing. kinda hoping i can get a job overseas when i retire in a few years. (pay the house off early)

Grats man. So are they going to provide you with a Busa for Kuwait. I mean It only seems fair.

congrats on getting back to the job you love and getting a promotion at the same time :beerchug:

Thanks to everyone for the great comments! Hope all the troops that come home have the same luck at finding work!

Back