Finally got pics with CAPTIONS

mcoyote

Registered
Well, I figured everyone else has gotten around to posting pics of theirs, so here I go...(#1/4)

...FWIW, I have a good tankbag for longer trips (great as a map and snack holder), but I find it's more in the way around town. Still, I want to carry some emergency items, a cargo net, etc., so I use my rack space instead.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080531352 -->

Slide1.JPG

The dash. Oh, and one thing that I DIDN'T label is the BMW electrical outlet I installed in the inner fairing for my heated gear...

...Yeah, did'ya see the 180-odd MPH maximum speed? Heh, well, no I didn't do that. The sensor cable on the trip computer is starting to go after a year and is reading double once in a while. Sorry!

Slide2.JPG

Did I mention that I am one of the baddest things that goes bump in the night around here? Dual HIDs. Yes, the high beam isn't focused especially well, but it's bright as heck, and I like what it does to the retinas of oncoming SUV drivers.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080529693 -->

Slide3.JPG

Ya I am intested in the GPS setup where did you get that and what is the part #? That is a serious touring bike!!

Looking good !! Thanks for the pics ... yes your Busa is ready for the road .
Are you doing Lynchburg? and Deal's Gap ??

DJ

sweeet.... looks like a bike for long trips.

Ya I am intested in the GPS setup where did you get that and what is the part #?   That is a serious touring bike!!
Got it from CycleGadgets. The cradle for my Garmin eTrex Vista is here:
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=ETREX

...a complete kit, with the generic "U-Bolt" ball mount (what's in the picture), the arm, and the cradle for the specific GPS model (fits very well) is $40. They have mounts and cradles for a wide variety of other goodies, as well.

The ball mounts supress vibration very well so the GPS is useable for navigation in motion. Great for riding around in the country and simply turning around and back-tracking out to civilization again. Haven't needed a map in a while.

very nice.....looks like you could rack up some serious miles in relative comfort on that baby.....good stuff!!

On a related note -- I'm having a hankering for something a little smaller. Now if only Corbin would make seats and Ventura would make racks for the ZX-10R. They do for the GSXR-1k... :rolleyes:

Back