Finally got out for a nice ride today..

sorry for hijacking this thread, but i'm interested in that hyperkewl vest, do you wear it under your jacket (assuming you wear a jacket for protection)?

I get the greatest performance out of it by folding it up and putting it in a ziplock bag when I first get to work in the am, I then fill the bag up with enough water to saturate the vest. I then place it in the refridgerator for almost my whole work shift, but about half an hour before I leave from work I put it in the freezer for an extra deep chill. I do not wear anything over it, but my understanding is u can as long as the garment over it breaths. the vest cools on evaporation. My commute is bout 25 miles one way and after about 16-17 miles the front of the vest is almost completely dry..... The only draw back is that I use a backpack and that keeps the back of the vest from evaporating. But I am gonna solve that this week, I have a tank bag arriving :cheerleader:
I dont wear gear except for a helmet, but I did order the vest in fluorescent green, so that and my HID hopefully make me hard to miss.
In past summers I would take the cage when it reached 100 plus, but now Im ridin no matter how hot it gets:thumbsup:

Back