FINALLY got my bike back

sshhhhh! (in my whisper voice) it looks good though
shutup.gif

Well, I got some good pix sent to me from Sam and I think it looks great from what the pictures tell. I'm glad that George went to bat for you. He should anyway seeing that you won the free makeover at EBC. Glad it is finally over and you got yer bike back Sam.
As always, FREE always carries a price to pay!
clap.gif

and to think about how many times you will have to tell this story at bike nights and such when people ask you about your ride and he chrome... glad you got your ride back... sucks you had to through all that though!

XXX just kept telling us we should thank them for the free chrome job. Yeah well, guess it's hard to be thankful after waiting almost 6 months, calls and emails going unanswered, riding 9 hours in a nasty snowstorm, just to be jerked around. Bike looks good from the pics. As well it should after all that mess.
banghead.gif

Sorry to hear Sam, Hope in the end you're satisfied with what you have when you finally see it. It would really suck to go through all that and have junk in the end.

Scott, my brother, I owe you big time.  I cant thank you enough for helping me out.

Sorry for the long post but everyone should know not to use XXX for anything.
as I've said before Sam-woulda done it for anyone anyway, hate to see folks run their business this way n expect that they should still be trusted?!?! wtf indeed.

I will say this-I have spoken with the owner/operator of XXX (kevin) and by no means do I think him to be a thief or a con-artist....a guy with too much on his plate? perhaps...a shop owner who gets in over his head n cant handle everything, but doesnt have the employee base to back him up? probably...a guy who loves bikes and working on them? absolutely.

I have walked thru his shop, n I wont say its a million-dollar palace but it def. gets the job done for his business; he showed me many pictures of past bikes that he has done and they looked pretty spectacular, IMO-and I honestly think chrome altogether is just plain silly on a moving vehicle, period-keep that in mind...I hope that in the future kevin keeps better communication with his customers, whether they spend $50 or $5,000, it shouldn't matter.

all niceties aside-I think Kevin is an ok guy...just bit off more than he could chew, n wont own up to it cuz he's too busy chasing paper-I grew up around too many broke folks to hate on a guy who's obviously tryin to hustle...he just runs game I personally think is a lil lazy n too laid back...

I think it looks good bro and so do alot of others yes they did suck time wise but from the pics they did a nice job need more pics so go pick it up now thanks j/k hope it all works out for you man
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Scott, my brother, I owe you big time.  I cant thank you enough for helping me out.

Sorry for the long post but everyone should know not to use XXX for anything.
as I've said before Sam-woulda done it for anyone anyway, hate to see folks run their business this way n expect that they should still be trusted?!?! wtf indeed.

I will say this-I have spoken with the owner/operator of XXX (kevin) and by no means do I think him to be a thief or a con-artist....a guy with too much on his plate? perhaps...a shop owner who gets in over his head n cant handle everything, but doesnt have the employee base to back him up? probably...a guy who loves bikes and working on them? absolutely.

I have walked thru his shop, n I wont say its a million-dollar palace but it def. gets the job done for his business; he showed me many pictures of past bikes that he has done and they looked pretty spectacular, IMO-and I honestly think chrome altogether is just plain silly on a moving vehicle, period-keep that in mind...I hope that in the future kevin keeps better communication with his customers, whether they spend $50 or $5,000, it shouldn't matter.

all niceties aside-I think Kevin is an ok guy...just bit off more than he could chew, n wont own up to it cuz he's too busy chasing paper-I grew up around too many broke folks to hate on a guy who's obviously tryin to hustle...he just runs game I personally think is a lil lazy n too laid back...
+1000 on that D...and coming from you, I absolutely think you are right on the target here. I certainly dont think that anything was done intentionally, as you stated, most take on more than they can handle. And for that, I will refrain from dogging him. I know how it can be like it was in sams shoes. I once sent a bunc of Hardly parts out to a company in rhode island, I was getting the run around too... I mysteriously showed up at the chrome shop and basically chewed him a new azz in front of everyone. He gauranteed me to have my wheels done the next day! He did...

sent you a email Brendan-some stuff I just dont wana be airing to the whole board, ya feel me?
beerchug.gif

and Sam-you will be bombarded with pms and emails for the next four months if ya dont post some big pics of the work soon brah, remember how crazy tha natives got waitn on me with Rev's paint??
guns.gif

i was waitn for the death-threats n anthrax-lettrs to show up after week two!

like folks said bro-the job is done, the truth is known, let the masses judge for themselves if the work is worth waiting 6 months or MORE for...shud be up the consumer to make the choice for good OR crappy service...

i would like to add...to ALL sponsors here and at EBC, and BUSANATION too...if you f**k off on your work and your shop is near Milwaukee, WI, i gauran-f**kn-tee you WILL be seeing me at doorstep.
point-blank: Im big enough and stupid enough to get the end result Im after, NO MATTER WHAT YOU GOT BEHIND THE COUNTER.
stay on tha up-n-up, and keep me outta your hair.
firedevil.gif

I guess I just don't have the same mindset they do. I can't believe that ignoring emails and phone calls isn't intentional. Not to mention they lied to us on at least 3 seperate occasions telling us each time the bike was done. Hard for me to comprehend - I can't imagine treating customers they way they have. All in all enough can't be said for those that helped us out!!! Now that we greatly appreciate!
ThumbsUp.gif

I guess I just don't have the same mindset they do.  I can't believe that ignoring emails and phone calls isn't intentional.  Not to mention they lied to us on at least 3 seperate occasions telling us each time the bike was done.  Hard for me to comprehend - I can't imagine treating customers they way they have.  All in all enough can't be said for those that helped us out!!!  Now that we greatly appreciate!  
ThumbsUp.gif
I agree. you can say you were too busy to check email. but numerous phone calls unreturned and im sure your messages where at times sounding urgent. and giving multi. people run arounds and letting someone drive 15 hrs. and telling them to get a hotel. UNEXCEPTABLE unless they are gonna atleast help pay for it.
dunno.gif

Man this sucked!

XXX brought the Makeover Contest to the table back in August of 2007... sounded like a great idea. Members post photos of their bike, and the sponsors and admins vote for their favorite in the backroom. Sam wins, he's pumped, starts planning the roadtrip, and drops his bike off at XXX's shop.

It never had to be mentioned by XXX that the entire purpose of the contest was self-promotion... we knew that was the case. And it sounded like a great way for a member to get a substantial makeover for their Busa. Somewhere along the way XXX decided that because the contest prize was free, the work would be done at their leisure... setting Sam's bike in the background while they worked on "paying customers" bikes.

Needless to say XXX was removed as a sponsor the moment Scott sent me a text message this afternoon. I've seen the photos of Sam's bike, and no matter how it looks the aggravation he had to deal with outweighs the outcome.

Im 100% with George on this-when Sam originally called me (as he was nice enuf to omit) it was in Jan-just to set the record straight...I was a bit buried at the time with school, driving 200mi. PER DAY for 6 hr. class then taking care of kids n tryin to have a life n maintain a good GPA (3.7 so far four courses in btw-yay for me) in school, I dint really wana drive 20 miles to check on a strangers ride...
But when Sam called me AGAIN in Feb, he sounded alot more concerned, and I was just so shocked to hear that no one had gotten back to him, I was afraid they had gone belly-up n took off! after checkin in and being informed the bike was "almost ready" Feb. 19th I thought all was being worked out-sent msg to Big G so he knew what XXX was doing and been in contact since so no info went to him 2nd-hand, he knows everything that had to be done to get this bike back.

Man this sucked!

XXX brought the Makeover Contest to the table back in August of 2007... sounded like a great idea. Members post photos of their bike, and the sponsors and admins vote for their favorite in the backroom. Sam wins, he's pumped, starts planning the roadtrip, and drops his bike off at XXX's shop.

It never had to be mentioned by XXX that the entire purpose of the contest was self-promotion... we knew that was the case. And it sounded like a great way for a member to get a substantial makeover for their Busa. Somewhere along the way XXX decided that because the contest prize was free, the work would be done at their leisure... setting Sam's bike in the background while they worked on "paying customers" bikes.

Needless to say XXX was removed as a sponsor the moment Scott sent me a text message this afternoon. I've seen the photos of Sam's bike, and no matter how it looks the aggravation he had to deal with outweighs the outcome.
hello.gif
My hat goes off to you. It's nice to hear that you put your members over your sponcers. It sounds like you run a quality site with integrity. I'm sure he is a good guy, I have no right to trash the man, but... he did in a since spit in Sam's face. I'm just glad he had you and diesel to help him out.
clap.gif
to all who helped him
clap.gif

clap.gif

Glad you got your bike back, hate the hell you went through. How much is still apart?
He couldn't get the undertail to fit. It's the same undertail that ALOT of people have. It was donated by Thunder Composites.

That reminds me, another THANK YOU to Glenn at Thunder Composites for the free undertail, tire hugger and windscreen
That's the other part that KILLS me....Dude's a customizer...or claims to be...and can't fit a widely sold retail undertail?!?
wtf.gif
indeed!!

I love how they told him it was done last week, let him drive 18 hours through a freakin' blizzard.......and sent him home empty handed?!? You don't tell somebody 3 states away it's done....."Come pick her up", and then call them when they're 3 hours out & tell them "I wanna touch up a few things & need some more time.....Go get a hotel room & come back tomorrow"!!!

The whole time they keep tellin' him that paying customers come first. That's understandable if it hadn't taken them almost 6 friggin' months to do it already, and when AREN'T they going to have paying customers to put in front of him??? Besides.......They got paid 6 months ago when they were basking in all the positive advertising they got from sponsoring the contest, and any business they got since then as a result of it! That bullshit excuse was legit for awhile.......but we've been past that point for some time now!

Big George....Glad to see you kept your word & banned their asses from your site!!! And I COMPLETELY agree with your position about them "doing it at their leisure"
cursin.gif

Looks like your bike turned out pretty good. I guess thats all that really matters.

I had to wait 3 months for a normal paintjob (was going to be done in 2 weeks). Still went back to get more cars painted by him.

Well im glad your bikes done but i know it sucks to look at your baby and be reminded of all the shitty memories of the ordeal you went through

Back