Finally-cops are after the loud ones...

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
The police around my area have finally started going after loud vehicles...there are many vehicles (mostly pick up trucks) around here which have the muffler deletes put on and they are extremely loud.

It doesn't help much when the drivers stomp on the gas each and every opportunity they can.

So far they've laid 10 noise related charges and I hope they catch more. Some of these vehicles are very obnoxious.

To be honest I hate loud vehicles personally but I don't mind others having them. Around here we have a shop called Pungo Off-Road that has built a lot of famous monster trucks. So you see lots of redneck diesels belching thick black smoke. But frankly, it's really cool.

To be honest I hate loud vehicles personally but I don't mind others having them. Around here we have a shop called Pungo Off-Road that has built a lot of famous monster trucks. So you see lots of redneck diesels belching thick black smoke. But frankly, it's really cool.

Some of these vehicles with the muffler delete are very loud and obnoxious, they actually hurt your ear when they go by..of course the jacka$$ driving them is stomping on the gas peddle for dear life as well.

Those and the tuner cars need to go....

I see those black smoke belching diesels and think to myself-they canned the Hayabusa and ZX14R due to emissions and yet things like this can exist with nary a word....doesn't seem realistic to me personally....

That being said, I spent 33 yrs around these belching behemoths without a thought to what they were doing to the environment.

Some of these vehicles with the muffler delete are very loud and obnoxious, they actually hurt your ear when they go by..of course the jacka$$ driving them is stomping on the gas peddle for dear life as well.

Those and the tuner cars need to go....

I see those black smoke belching diesels and think to myself-they canned the Hayabusa and ZX14R due to emissions and yet things like this can exist with nary a word....doesn't seem realistic to me personally....

That being said, I spent 33 yrs around these belching behemoths without a thought to what they were doing to the environment.
It's no fun if you go and get all responsible about it.....Lol

Yet I bet you'd complain when they come after our aftermarket sport exhausts.

I live adjacent to a highway and get treated to every noisy vehicle there is... diesel trucks, tuner cars, musclecars, emergency vehicles, open-pipe cruisers, redlining sportbikes, you name it. The worst offender? The police. There's an on-ramp about a kilometer up the road where they sit and prey on people trying to get to the ferry terminal (#islandlife)... conveniently the speed limit drops from 90 to 80kph as you get there... these guys matt the throttle in their Tahoes when someone triggers their gun and by the time they go by my property, they're easily at twice the legal limit, and the massive refrigerator they're driving creates what I can only describe as a sonic boom in my yard... and of course they have their sirens blaring as well.

At the end of the day though, modern life is noisy. Even the Amish get jet airplanes flying over their heads.

Yet I bet you'd complain when they come after our aftermarket sport exhausts.

I live adjacent to a highway and get treated to every noisy vehicle there is... diesel trucks, tuner cars, musclecars, emergency vehicles, open-pipe cruisers, redlining sportbikes, you name it. The worst offender? The police. There's an on-ramp about a kilometer up the road where they sit and prey on people trying to get to the ferry terminal (#islandlife)... conveniently the speed limit drops from 90 to 80kph as you get there... these guys matt the throttle in their Tahoes when someone triggers their gun and by the time they go by my property, they're easily at twice the legal limit, and the massive refrigerator they're driving creates what I can only describe as a sonic boom in my yard... and of course they have their sirens blaring as well.

At the end of the day though, modern life is noisy. Even the Amish get jet airplanes flying over their heads.

If they came after my exhaust, I have a DB eliminator to put in if need be.

Well, it is nice to finally see something getting done about it.

I can only hope they sort some of these out...the noise they make is ridiculous-those open exhausts are just too much, they actually hurt your ears when they go by...

Started dishing out tickets down here as well , the law has targeted one of mine and Kiwis preferred routes the 'Akaroa' GP, last weekend 20 tickets dished out 12 for speed and 8 for noisey exhausts.

The Tenere still has a stock muffler but an Arrow header so its quiet...the TPX is taking care of the Ka ;)

in new york any motorcycle exhaust that is not stock
Is illegal and ticket written . could be quieter than stock
doesnt matter.
If they did that with cars the muffler shops would bw outta business

The wife and I are watching TV and a bike (probably HD by the sound of it) going by about 3/4 of a mile away drowned out our TV...and our windows are closed....

I went out on the deck and could hear it for a long, long time...it was extremely loud.

Out walking this morning and it was foggy (I was wearing high vis stuff) I noted a few things.

-People speeding in low visibility conditions is just plain stupid;

-I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would make themselves less visible by tinting lights (headlight, signal lights or tail lights) makes absolutely no sense to me, this should be a huge ticket;

-people are still distracted driving-I saw more than a few still having a cell phone to their ear and they were all over the road. Don't all new(er) cars have a hands free option? Even my wife's 2010 has this option.

48 people were busted in my burb last week for yacking on their phs, $80 fine and 20 demerit points.
100 points in 2 years auto loss of license for 3months.

48 people were busted in my burb last week for yacking on their phs, $80 fine and 20 demerit points.
100 points in 2 years auto loss of license for 3months.

Good, maybe it will drill a little sense into them and set an example for others...

Back