"Loud Pipes,Save Lives" debate.

I don't want to give a cop a chance to put his coffee down and get his radar gun ready after he hears me taking off from a stop light. that why I don't have loud pipes on my bike. the tv show south park has a episode about loud pipes it the f word episode.

Make sure you have a saves lives get back whip too!
Just one more thing to get their attention when their gettin too close

:super::lol:

c0aec598cfe45d8e086f5fef28b285e1.jpg

well,
here in germany we already have the situation that some awesome routes are blocked at weekends - only - for ALL! bikes (if in original exhaust shape or not - that does not matter),
caused by a few extremely loud bikes - their no. is very small i guess smaller than 2 %
but these little number of bikes bring this totally stupid idea of blocking routes to the head of politicians
at 1st only to locals (mayors etc.)
later on to the government
and then ...... ? - no bikes allowed at weekends everywhere ? could come up.

no thanks - 100 phon or more are definitely too much, i guess - and no matter how awesome the sound ever might be .

sorry at all LPSL´s :fire:
Hi Here in the USA if Biden wins Burney and AOC get there way there will be no gas powered bikes!

I took the pipes off my busa for a day and I must say it's way to loud, the idle is amazing but I had to putt around at such low rpm that it was fairly pointless. My 12 5.0 mustang had long tubes off road x-pipe and borlas and my guess is the busa was almost twice as loud. I also had a 06 zx10 headers and gutted exhaust and it was way more quiet then the busa. I also found the busa got louder the hotter it got. But to get back to "loud pipes saves lives" they don't, old people can barely hear or see as it is and most vehicles have so much sound deading by the time they hear you/see you it's to late. What saves lives is motorcycle training courses even for rider of 20+ years they teach skills to use in real life situations in super tight confined spaces.

. But to get back to "loud pipes saves lives" they don't, old people can barely hear or see as it is and most vehicles have so much sound deading by the time they hear you/see you it's to late.
If Grammie can't see or hear me...maybe she should give up her license.You hear them all the time "It's my right to drive" blah blah blah. Ya...also yer right to kill someone. Lot's of them have way nice cars...Caddy's, BMW, Benz,etc.
They have money. Take a cab the 4 times a month you need to get to bingo. Also,a lot of them are retired...get yer errands done at 10AM...don't wait for rush hour to go out. :banghead:
I know some "older drivers" who are still very capable...and some who should not be on the road...period. Their friends and families beg them to quit driving...nope.
I witnessed a "Grammie" get in her car,put it in reverse instead of drive,shoot off a 2 foot embankment,across 4 lanes of traffic and plow into a laundromat. "Oh my dear"...."I must have hit the wrong foot thing" :crazy:

grammy driving.gif

Just came in the mail today. I shall continue with my "Campaign of Terror"

20200817_180614.jpg

M8.jpg

Rubb.

I totally agree with you hahahahaha... it's like having drunk drivers out legally. Loud vehicles and bikes dont bug me one bit even 4 bangers with fart cans. My life isnt that awful that I sit there and stew over someone with a loud vehicle that went by my house once and made to much noise.

If Grammie can't see or hear me...maybe she should give up her license.You hear them all the time "It's my right to drive" blah blah blah. Ya...also yer right to kill someone. Lot's of them have way nice cars...Caddy's, BMW, Benz,etc.
They have money. Take a cab the 4 times a month you need to get to bingo. Also,a lot of them are retired...get yer errands done at 10AM...don't wait for rush hour to go out. :banghead:
I know some "older drivers" who are still very capable...and some who should not be on the road...period. Their friends and families beg them to quit driving...nope.
I witnessed a "Grammie" get in her car,put it in reverse instead of drive,shoot off a 2 foot embankment,across 4 lanes of traffic and plow into a laundromat. "Oh my dear"...."I must have hit the wrong foot thing" :crazy:

View attachment 1625002

Just came in the mail today. I shall continue with my "Campaign of Terror"

View attachment 1625003

View attachment 1625004

Rubb.
You know rubb I'm thinking maybe a lot of people that thinks loud pipes don't make a difference are spending most of their time on the freeway or out in rural areas where they can ride at a good pace. As I said before I use my exhaust as a horn and definitely gets the cagers attention but the loud pipes i would have to say only works in city type driving. I wonder if that's what's splitting up the opinions on this. Either way I love the am exhaust that can be heard I've a stock quiet system any day :thumbsup:.

For sure @Dopey and as @JeffSyh pointed out it may be a bit of an' annoyance to some,but really,its not the end of the world. To me,if it saves even ONE of US then its a good thing.
There will always be opinion on everything...you can have a 100% proven fact,and I don't mean this one persay,somebody for whatever reason will disagree.Maybe just to disagree for that sake. It's a basic human right.
My "loud pipes" got the attention of a driver just yesterday as they backed off from entering my lane.
Again...personal choice. When me and my crew were sitting around my shop and we heard a loud vehicle off in the distance a game would instantly ensue. "Guess the bike" or car/truck. They all make a distinctive noise as we all know.
Rock 'em,don't rock 'em....get pi$$ed off...love the sound...matters not to me. I'm all for it,but not all the time. I stay off the go fast button in lots of situ's...other times...I light 'em up.
:super:
Rubb.

For sure @Dopey and as @JeffSyh pointed out it may be a bit of an' annoyance to some,but really,its not the end of the world. To me,if it saves even ONE of US then its a good thing.
There will always be opinion on everything...you can have a 100% proven fact,and I don't mean this one persay,somebody for whatever reason will disagree.Maybe just to disagree for that sake. It's a basic human right.
My "loud pipes" got the attention of a driver just yesterday as they backed off from entering my lane.
Again...personal choice. When me and my crew were sitting around my shop and we heard a loud vehicle off in the distance a game would instantly ensue. "Guess the bike" or car/truck. They all make a distinctive noise as we all know.
Rock 'em,don't rock 'em....get pi$$ed off...love the sound...matters not to me. I'm all for it,but not all the time. I stay off the go fast button in lots of situ's...other times...I light 'em up.
:super:
Rubb.
You exhaust is quiet. Kinda like a dog whistle. I have the silver version.

14C226E8-005A-4033-8838-2CE5782F6E04.jpeg

Back