FINALLY back in the saddle and riding (a little bit)!!

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Hubby finished putting my SV650 back together piece by piece since my Aug. 23rd crash. :cheerleader: I can not even begin to count the number of different SV's that gave parts to put this one bike back together...Lol! She also got a new undertail & grab bar, which I am totally digging. :thumbsup:

I am starting out slow. We went to the high school parking lot yesterday and let our son take his scooter to ride while I practiced turns and such. I was scared at first but once I got going I remembered what a wonderful form of therapy that riding is! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I also have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rear sets that hubby put on the bike. They feel as though they were made for my smaller girl feel and the rear brake feels like "buttah". Not to mention we got it lowered another 1/2 inch and I feel way more stable, like I won't fall over when a full tank of gas sloshes. Not to mention I touch the ground way better!

The only two things left to do are trade out the windscreen and do something about the very SMASHED up exhaust can. I was sick about the can because I was so proud of that Yosh when we got the bike.

Pics of Suzanne (named after Delta Burke's character on Designing Women)...

Suzanne.jpg

Suzanne1.jpg

Suzanne2.jpg

Suzanne3.jpg

Suzanne4.jpg

Thanks everyone! I am waiting for the weekend to get a little more practice under me. My parents will be here so they can watch the little guy and hubby can go out with me.

One of my big problems riding on the road is that I still get extremely nervous when I stop at a light of stop sign and a car/truck is behind me.

Thanks everyone! I am waiting for the weekend to get a little more practice under me. My parents will be here so they can watch the little guy and hubby can go out with me.

One of my big problems riding on the road is that I still get extremely nervous when I stop at a light of stop sign and a car/truck is behind me.

If it helps, Put yourself right in the middle, when you see them coming and split the lane, this may not be legal in your state, but moral and personal law outweigh civil law always.

Just my 2cts

Kristin keep on practicing those turns in the parking lot until it feels automatic. You may try setting up some cones or other items to practice with.

Bike looks good, we saw it when Adam rode to Johnny's shop last week.

Just remember . . . You've already joined the club. :whistle:
No need to crash any more. :laugh:

Good luck and safe riding. :thumbsup:

:hijack: Raider out.
P1591

Back