Finally got to ride!

BaybeeBusa04

Registered
I finally got to ride with UUBUSA yesterday...I've been a little jealous! It was absolutly beautiful out! We went on lots of back roads...mmmm...Yeah I will admit that I was a little nervous at first, but that quickly went away with the first wheelie, and hitting I think 150! We road for about 3 hours...and the only bad part was I didnt get in a comfortable "spot" so to speak, until we were almost home...Well now I know!
I am definatly looking forward to this trip down to Lynchburg!

PS...does anyone have any suggestions for sore legs?
rock.gif
? I feel like I rode a damn horse for 8 hours!!! I dont wanna feel like this when we go to Lynchburg!

Carrie

Hey, Welcome to the board... I think I am prolly late but... I must have missed your intro. Sore legs? Well if it's your inner thighs that are real sore you might want to try scootching back on your seat and trying to relax a little bit. I mean you should allways be holding on with your knees more than anything else but you might be holding on a bit tight.
Also while riding remember to move around, try not to sit in one position for too long, sit up close, scootch way back against the hump, Left cheek right cheek, stand for a few moments here and there...Etc, Then get on your Bike!
laugh.gif
OK Ok, seriously though just keep moving. It seems to help me quite a bit, the bonus is that the Busa has a lot of space to work with, makes a lot of variation possible.
If you haven't spent a lot of time on a sportbike though it will take a little while to get used to it, then just like riding a horse, you'll be right at home...

Rev

Carrie - I don't ride pillion, but I did get on the back of Revlis' Busa while visiting Tampa back in November...it wasn't the most comfy spot to be in, but I wasn't sure if it was just me having a hard time giving up control and riding in the back, or if the seat truly was leaning more forward than I wanted to be...

I hopped on Raider's Busa (another Tampa guy) and found that his Corbin pillion seat with a back rest was definitely the way to go if you're going to carry a passenger more than a few miles. It was very comfy and I could relax some...well, Raider drives like a flippin loon, but I managed to keep my heart in my chest! (kidding...Raider is a conservative Busa rider, but don't tell anyone...)

When my boys are old enough to ride with Mom on the rocket, I'm going to have to consider getting one of those Corbin seats...it's molded to fit snugly around your tush (technical term there) and the back rest helps you relax a bit, if that's possible on the back of a Busa!

Tell UUBUSA to buy one before the Lynchburg trip! They're not cheap, but walking after a long ride might prove a good enough reason to buy one!
smile.gif

Can't wait to meet up with you guys! It's going to be fun...we're already planning an overnight stay...

Welcome to the board Baybee!

I couldn't tell from your post but from rev and VA I think you are riding passenger...

The best thing to do in that case is...

Get a Busa for yourself!
super.gif

Good luck!

Mikey

Welcome to the board Baybee!

I couldn't tell from your post but from rev and VA I think you are riding passenger...

The best thing to do in that case is...

Get a Busa for yourself!
super.gif

Good luck!

Mikey
Unless my brain's not functioning today, I believe she's a passenger Mikey...

..and let's not argue over whether or not my brain works, okay?!
tounge.gif

Yeah...I suck Im just a passenger for now...But I'm still not sure I would ever be able to get a busa...I only weigh 110 in a good month!!
I love riding with my hun though...eventhough I am extreeeeeeeemly jealous that he's been riding for like a week now with out me!
cussing.gif

It's ok...it's almost summer time....now I just need to find a baby sitter!

PS...Michelle...did you see the pics Paul put up?

Carrie

Glad to see you got in some ride time, Baybee! It's so much more fun when you can control the beast! I hope you'll be able to ride on your own someday....my wife can't fully understand how much it means to me to ride, but only because she hasn't actually ridden on her own. I know she would understand if she did.

Yeah...I suck Im just a passenger for now...But I'm still not sure I would ever be able to get a busa...I only weigh 110 in a good month!!  
I love riding with my hun though...eventhough I am extreeeeeeeemly jealous that he's been riding for like a week now with out me!
cussing.gif

It's ok...it's almost summer time....now I just need to find a baby sitter!

PS...Michelle...did you see the pics Paul put up?

Carrie
I've seen some scattered here and there I believe...isn't there one of him doing a wheelie?
smile.gif
Tell him to put some in under "Virginia" in the Gallery...we need more VA riders to post their pics there...

Babysitters? Yeah, isn't that fun!? LOL

Pillion?
rock.gif
Pillion?
rock.gif
 Dats it get hell off the board lady!!!  We got enough trouble as it is without more "Pillions" popping in confusing the matter!!!!

OK OK I'm just playing with you.
tounge.gif
 Welcome to the board and all of that, really... Besides, VA told me to be nice...  I think... might have just been the voices...  
wow.gif

Anyhoo, VA has it right, the coolest part of that Corbin setup was how easily the backrest pops on and off, that way it doesn't ass-up the busa when there isn't a passenger onboard.  I salute you riding second seat though, I seriously believe that takes a whole lot more courage than it does to pilot the thing, I really do.  

As for being a Buck ten, no sweat the Busa takes to lowering quite well, though your partner in crime might have issues as you start dusting him everywhere due to the increased power to weight ratio of you and your Busa together....  
wink.gif

rock.gif

hahaha...it defintatly takes balls to get on the back of that bike! (He's a nut! jk)Those back roads are nice though! Plenty of room for him to get on it...and scare the sh*t outta me with all the wheelies! I love it though!
As for me getting a bike...It wouldnt be until next summer, and I think I'm just gonna drag race. We'll see what happens! I am definatly in awe of chicks on bikes though!
Maybe one day it will be me!

Carrie

Back