Back in the saddle again!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I havent rode any of my 2 motorcycles since my crash 9/12/11, until this past Tuesday! It also been 4 weeks after having my wrist rebroken and aligned. The Doctor this week said all is looking good and will see me again in another 6 weeks. So, I finally got the bug to go out and ride the busa! It felt so good to just be on it again. I am not 100% healed, but I can manage trolling around at regular street pace with no issues. But man it felt good to be BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN! Now for my next plan in which I plan to use the busa for.....:please::laugh: Ill save that one for another post! :whistle:

Glad to hear you riding again,but...

You probably shouldn't be riding until the wrist was healed up good. Never know what something beyond your control might stress it. Like a car pulling out in front or animal crossing the road. It's hard to steer with one hand.

grip it and rip it bro! you're still young and heal fast :laugh: don't listen to all of us old farts who don't seem to mend as quickly anymore :lol:

p.s. if this turns out to be bad advice, i'm planning on just deleting this post :thumbsup:

see....hes still the earlybird....way before the doc ok'd it lol

Dang Tim, I had no idea you were out of commision. I remember you being involved in a get off but didin't realize or maybe didn't remember that you were laid up.

Happy to see you are doing well and able to enjoy a little wind in your face. Keep us posted as to the progress!

Best of luck! :beerchug:

Tuff my left wrist got broken when I had my 125 mph plus tank slapper that took me off track. Lost all front end control. Once I got off track, I was able to get my direction changed in time from hitting the guard rail. Then the bike snapping to the left as I held the handle bars to ride on top of the right side of the bike to keep me from hitting the guard rail is what broke my wrist. My wrist got pinned to the tank and the left bar and the snapping to the left and hitting the ground broke it. I felt it break but didnt let go. I am very lucky! I rode on top of the bike to keep from getting messed up. My wrist got set the next day and it never healed right during the 7 weeks the Doctor was hoping for. Then I had to get it rebroken and plated back together. Still sore at times but just working it easily and trying to keep my range of motion. I broke the inner larger bone and fractured the outer bone of my wrist. So I lost the ability to hold anything or grip anything for a bit or let alone type. Bit getting back as much as I can that is comfortable doing. So far doing better! I am fixed... just need healing time and strengthening time. Also the bike is back together. Once the repair bill is paid off my next purchase is to upgrade the stock suspension. The stock suspension isnt setup for my weight. The rear shock I got 30mm sag. The front end is my problem. I could only get 15mm sag at best. The front spring is too stiff. So that will all be addressed.

Oh Tim, your front springs are fine, you just need to add a few rocks to your pockets :laugh:

Dang man, you have to learn to let go of those puppies once they are on the ground. I know hanging on keeps the bike on it's side and reduces damage but there is an increased chance of bodily damage that comes with that program.

I'm happy you are healing up well. With everything back in place it'll be as good as new in a few weeks. I know what you mean about getting your strength back, I've been there!

I may get down to the sunny southland this upcoming season. Would be fun to hook up!

Glad to hear you're getting back on the bike, Tim. Keep on healing! :beerchug:

Back