Hello! Back on the saddle again

Yannick

Registered
Hello all!
Bought a 99 new and built 220hp beast out of it back then. A few years later the kids came along so I took a leave of absence for oh 14 years, and just picked an immaculate 2012. I'm completely out of the loop on the gen 2's and have no instruction on the dash settings.. clock, modes, mileage etc. Been looking around as to mods and guess the airbox mod ,tre, air filter don't really apply anymore.. kinda disappointed in the power.. was expecting a bit more but then again it is stock.
I did just buy a full Akrapovic /carbon 4.2.1.

Any help or advice please.. thanks in advance!

39083_1478047707987_2589236_n.jpg
the silver bullitt back in 2000
30530438_10213821160100010_64715240251964330_n.jpg
the new kid

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Sounds like you will be getting in touch with powerhouse (forum sponsor) and getting a turbo setup to get the same power as your 2000 had.

:welcome:
kinda disappointed in the power.. was expecting a bit more but then again it is stock.
Yeah, that's what I hear about the next step up. They're all big bikes and another 15~20 hp doesn't make a huge change. That's one more reason to hang onto an old bike and go with the aftermarket. A hell of a lot more interesting, too.

2012 + Black = fastest year !! LOL , nice score , doesn't sound like you'll be disappointed in the performance for long though , going by what you built '99 into bro !!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Sounds like you will be getting in touch with powerhouse (forum sponsor) and getting a turbo setup to get the same power as your 2000 had.
already did gonna send him the ecu

:welcome: We remember things in the past as bigger than they were AND your 99 was a wild new thing in the world where 11 second bikes were the norm and now there are a few bikes in the crazy fast zone.
Don't worry there isn't anything SLOW about your new ride and it has more potential than the 99. Enjoy!! ;<)

Back