Fim/wsb/speed/rant/monza/spoiler

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I wanted to cover all the bases with that topic title so here goes.

First of all I was stunned (STUNNED) by the finish of race one. Ben running out of gas? after all he did in the previous laps? He led most of the race, putting a stripe down in turn exits or pulling the front wheel up (and) backing that R1 into the corners with great control and even doing a stoppie, raising the rear tire off to out brake the Ducs...and then the Ducati team of Fabrizio and Haga went by. So he watched them a bit. Not a bad thing to do anyway considering he's never been on this track before! And then that leg out pass close to the end to regain 1st. Manoman!!! Racing at its best! Then, Ben slows up, apparently out of fuel on the last lap, handing the Ducati team 1st and 2nd instead of 2nd and 3rd. Try as he might, Haga, the points leader, wasn't as hungry as Fabrizio was in race one. What a finish!!!

2nd race was all Ben's. Got up to nearly a six second lead and coasted to a seemingly easy win. Haga had crashed hard earlier on and you could see his Duc cart wheeling off the track. Hope he wasn't hurt too bad. And that leads me to my rant;

Whoever is responsible for not giving the viewing audience medical updates on crashed riders should be fired. The decision maker that cut to a commercial right after Ben's amazing leg out pass on Fabrizio should join the other guy in the unemployment line. Probably the same guy, or is it SpeedTVs production (style)? How about those commercials? How about some different ones? We're inundated with that severe looking Progressive insurance woman, 'Wrecked' commercials, send us all your gold, 'GoldPac' ads...adnauseum! How about some pit interviews Speed TV coverage guys? During the race, and before? Why not? We put up with your lousy and far too frequent and untimely commercial breaks, so why NOT give us a bit more in depth and proper coverage of motorcycle races and their riders?

There, I don't really feel any better but...there. Screw SPEEDTV.
But go Ben! Start finishing BOTH races and you might just win the championship!

Just saw it all, totally agree....BUT....I don't know how I watched TV in the past WITHOUT DVR. I never see the commercials, just blast through them. That is one part less of frustration. Speed TV? Talk about "the only show in town", all we can do is push em to improve. Raydog

Not giving updates and cutting to commercials being "untimely" is only untimely for those of us watching. They're perfect timing for the CEOs and head guys at Speed TV cause they do exactly what they want them to do. Keep you interested. If they cut to a commercial at the boring, or not as interesting parts you would be more inclined to change the channel. But if they do it in the middle, or right at the end of something amazing then the chance that you'll stay tuned is much higher because you don't want to miss anything. It's really annoying for those of us that will keep watching regardless, but I bet that's the thought pattern behind doing it that way.

Coverage has always been edited badly! :poke:....But at least we got to see both races this sunday instead of just race 1.The 1 wsb race on a sunday deal, borders on criminal!:moon::moon::moon: I would love a 3 hour package with both races + background stories ,qualifying,interviews, etc. I am dreaming???:laugh:
Oh yeah,I forgot AMA coverage is even worse.I have given up on that series completely, unless I stumble upon the broadcast ,shame.
We take what we can get,we are the minority in motorsports. :beerchug:

At least you get Speed TV ... it's not available in Center City Philadelphia! Hundreds of movies channels, news channels, do-it-yourself channels, and hours and hours of NASCAR bands and parades (oh, yeah, the races, too) ... but no Speed TV.

So, I'm limited to MotoGP on the Internet, which was worth the $70 for the full season, including practice, qualifying, and extras. And no commercials.

The AMA race was on Sat. Jamie Hacking had the greatest save of all time. He completely fell off the bike, hauled himself back on and somehow tilted the bike off of horizontal as he clung to the side. The bike straightened up with it's gyro-effect and then Jamie pulled himself back up onto the seat. Been looking for it on youtube but noone has posted it. UNBELIEVABLE! The first SBK race was a fantastic 3 bike race with dicing in the last lap between the leaders. The AMA race took place at Barber motorsports park. That track rocks. Lamb has got to ride there someday.

Back