WSBK question- no spoiler!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Question- what allows a Ducati 1098cc bike to race against 1000cc bikes fairly? Missed that process...

CAUTION: RANT FOLLOWS...
cursin.gif

Sponsors of WSBK REALLY need to take action to make this racing watchable here in America! My complaints:

-ANNOUNCER!!! Shrill, screaming, nasal, Ritalyn-deprived, INTERRUPTS incessantly; co-announcer (who is knowledgeable and MUCH EASIER TO LISTEN TO) can't finish a friggin sentence without this wiggler screaming like a little girl!

-Commercials- no lie, I timed it on the display of the DVR- schedule is 3 minutes of racing, then 2 minutes of commercials for the ENTIRE race!! Absolutely ruins it...

rant.gif

I know, I know, shut up and watch something else. I'm just kvetching because MotoGP hasn't started yet, but I would like to watch world class literbikes battling on the same tracks as GP except for the issues I'm griping about here! I honestly don't know how anybody watches the season, it's just annoying as hell to me...

Oh well, seven days from now I'll be all happy watching commercial-free on MotoGP.com, or waiting for the DVR version on Speed on the big screen!!!
cool.gif
Watch out for Lorenzo, Rossi's not gonna be a happy camper if Michelin got it done this year...

The FIM are nothing but Ducati Pawns at this point. The Ducati 1098R (1200R really) was built for one purpose and it shows. The FIM have created another loophole that will see everyone doing a blind rush for it in the near future. It will be just like the old days when Honda was forced to make the RC51 and Suzuki TL1000R (though a lot less successful). Then they massage em a little more to allow the 1000cc fours and here we are a few years later with 1200cc twins. The AMA better not follow suit or it, in combination with Spies and Mladin leaving the series in the next few years will kill AMA SBK.

rant.gif

Crap, I had to edit because I can't post a response without making a spoiler...

CAUTION!!! SPOILER FOLLOWS SO CHARLES CAN SPEAK HIS PIECE!!!

There, now go ahead Charles!
smile.gif

Here's enough space so nobody will see it...

cool.gif

laugh.gif

I just think its too early to decide if Ducati has an advantage with the new rules.

Bayliss may have won both races, but he is an awesome rider. Remember how he crushed the entire motogp field in 2006 on a wildcard ride.

Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda all made podium positions in Phillip Island.

Bayliss had 8 seconds in hand when he threw out the anchor on the last few laps and narrowed it to only 4 seconds at the flag. He has only lost one race so far. I'm beginning to see a trend. Biaggi was even faster than Bayliss but he couldn't seem to keep the thing upright.
laugh.gif

Bayliss had 8 seconds in hand when he threw out the anchor on the last few laps and narrowed it to only 4 seconds at the flag. He has only lost one race so far. I'm beginning to see a trend. Biaggi was even faster than Bayliss but he couldn't seem to keep the thing upright.
laugh.gif
Eight seconds huh? Last race one of the announcers was saying something about officials changing the weight penalty on the Duc over the course of the season, guess Bayliss didn't want it to be too obvious there was an advantage??
rock.gif

Nothing like making special rules to allow a manufacturer to compete...

my turn...
rant.gif
 tracion control is absolutely ruining motorcycle racing for me. if you got rid of this crap we could find out who could REALLY ride and who couldnt. riders would have to use all of thier riding abilities plus thinking about not wearing the tires out in the first half of the race. even after the race bayliss admitted that he probably ran out a little to hard because he said if biaggi wouldnt have crashed he couldnt have held the lead. basically even with TC he shot out to quick and used up his tires. this point and shoot BS is going to make me lose my mind.  
rant.gif

now i feel better. i might as well get over it though because TC isnt going away.  
banghead.gif

that announcer is really annoying but at least his into his MC racing i guess?

rant.gif

Biaggi is one heck of rider as well.

I'm just saying give it a couple more races and lets see if there is a trend
cool.gif

Back