SPOILER - MotoGP Catalunya Race

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
That 22 year Dani Pedrosa had his day for sure . At one point he was leading by around 8 seconds . I am not certain he needs that pneumatic valve engine that Honda is fixing to pop onto the race track . It's reported to have alot more top end power so it should be thumping the Ducati on the straights .

For those that confuse Pedrosa for a robot , robots can't show the emotion he did today . The little fella is a pro and very good at what he does and was all smiles after the race .

Rossi was very convincing in that he can beat anyone still yet as he came through the pack to a second place finish from what I remember as a 9th place starting grid position .

Stoner seems to be becoming Mr Excuse and never gave props to Rossi for a job well done . Sorry champ , you will have to win races even when all the stars and moons are not in perfect alignment in effort to get another # 1 plate.
biggrin.gif

There's a rider of French decent that crashed out again . This time no-one was around that he could take out with him and the commentators were talking that Rossi was being very carefull until he passed and got clear of said french rider . Doubtfull any racers will be sending that guy birthday cards .

One more lap or an extra corner " or longer wheelbase " and Chris V would have been in 5th instead of Toseland , which ran a fine race also . I mean it was close out of that last corner and the Suzuki almost got a wheel in front at the finish line .

Colin Edwards is a good guy and racer. He let Rossi by early on so to not hold him back , yet still finished 4th .

1 week and they race in Britain . I'm hoping for a dry race and a podium for Chris V  
ThumbsUp.gif

Awesome racing between Rossi and Stoner.  Rossi's bike clearly didn't have the power to even draft by the Duc.  Took him like 8 tries before he was able to draft up alongside Stoner.  Stoner was doing a great job protecting the inside through the corners to keep Rossi behind.  But Rossi finally got the best of him  
cool.gif

I was hoping Hayden would stay with the front bunch, but he dropped back again...  Honda should let him ride the air-valve since the '08 chasis is reported to handle better with the air-valve engine in it.

Back