FI light on with no noticeable issues

Warrenmitchell

Registered
I just moved to Texas and my 2007 Busa has been I storage for 3 months. Today I finally put the battery back in and put gas in it and it turned on the first try. But, the FI light is on and with the tank full of gas, the gas gauge is showing empty. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be. I rode it around for about 30 min with no mechanical issue at all. Shifted great, no sputtering, idled as normal and sounded great. Like I said. Fuel gauge reads empty and the FI light is on

Since you didn't say how old the battery is my guess is the battery. It may not have enough juice to fully wake up the ECU.

Does the fuel gauge running at empty also cause an FI light as an additional warning?

If so and it was stored without gas in the tank, the float may be stuck at bone dry. Obviously the gauge won't work and if there is in fact that FI light as a low fuel warning, there you go.

I've always stored with the tank filled to the top to avoid condensation inside.

Fuel sender missing does not set off FI light. There are a couple ways to read the codes on the Busa. Pick one and read it. Look up in service manual. Let the fun begin.

Back