FI light, no start

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Out of the blue my 08 won't start. FI light flashes as it turns over. Tried to start it 4 or 5 times, it hit once and died. I'm busy looking through the tons of FI threads. Does anyone have a link to the white plug under the seat, I can't remember which 2 wires to jump to get the code...dealer mode. So I can find out what's goin on. Thanks

Out of the blue my 08 won't start. FI light flashes as it turns over. Tried to start it 4 or 5 times, it hit once and died. I'm busy looking through the tons of FI threads. Does anyone have a link to the white plug under the seat, I can't remember which 2 wires to jump to get the code...dealer mode. So I can find out what's goin on. Thanks

mines a Gen I but does this help?

WIRED2.jpg

Heres a mobetta pics as well..
You can also remove the cap from the plug to access the terminals a bit easier.

This is from mine a Gen II

My guess is it will show 'TMW' as the code..

TOO MANY WHEELIES :rofl:

wire jump.JPG

Last edited:
Blanca is correct..jump the Black/White wires...makes things pretty black and white eh? :laugh:

now...just stick it in there...deep...wait...dont do that..i had a really not nice lady tell me that one time and..ah....never mind. :laugh:

Tried it. Now the fuel pump won't prime, but the FI is gone from the guauges, and no codes. Must have popped a fuse, I'll go check them.

Tried it. Now the fuel pump won't prime, but the FI is gone from the guauges, and no codes. Must have popped a fuse, I'll go check them.

Make sure the front wheel is on the ground first 'Wheelie King'

I have heard that the fuel pump wont prime if you are in the middle of a nice one...
:laugh:

rut-ro...not throwin a code?..popped fuse?...still not throwin a code?..

hate ta say this but...it's startin ta sound like a fried ECU

Back