FI error code C040

Update: heard back from Sebastian at NLR Systems re my AMS1000 (thanks @Mr Brown) it was something I was only considering as a possible next move till you hit that point home. :thumbsup:
Anyway,return email can be summed up with this one quote:

"The ams has zero effect on the way the engine runs."
So my problem is my Hayabusa has it's own stand alone issue. I was hoping for an' easy answer like...just do this...just tweak that...nope.
That wouldn't have been any fun anyway...no challenge. :laugh:
Onward and upward my brothers. Thanks,
Rubb.

Update: heard back from Sebastian at NLR Systems re my AMS1000 (thanks @Mr Brown) it was something I was only considering as a possible next move till you hit that point home. :thumbsup:
Anyway,return email can be summed up with this one quote:

"The ams has zero effect on the way the engine runs."
So my problem is my Hayabusa has it's own stand alone issue. I was hoping for an' easy answer like...just do this...just tweak that...nope.
That wouldn't have been any fun anyway...no challenge. :laugh:
Onward and upward my brothers. Thanks,
Rubb.
Okay, so you can eliminate the AMS as a problem. If it were me I'd remove the ground from the AMS, take the spring out of the gate as suggested earlier, and go for a ride.

@Berlin Germany mentioned the GPS. What I don't understand is if it has failed why a code 40 and not a code 31? Also I understand if the ECU is getting mixed signals from the GPS and sending my motor into a first gear state,or any other gear,why is it killing the motor completely with a code 40?

Okay, so you can eliminate the AMS as a problem. If it were me I'd remove the ground from the AMS, take the spring out of the gate as suggested earlier, and go for a ride.
Never had one apart Jeremy. Anything I should know? Gaskets required? Just remove the spring,it will hang open on its own? Possible motor damage? Can I run it has if it was GTG and ignore the fact that it will not have boost? or will it still be fueled by the fuel boost management system?
Lot's of Q's...oppologies for my ignorance.
Rubb.

Gasket depends on the type of gate, I'd imagine some have them. The spring is what sets your boost level, typically you put a small spring in, mine is 3lbs, and then the controller adds pressure on top. If you remove the spring it'll run rich (boost = air) and be way down on power, but it should be safe. I wouldn't thrash on it, or run it for miles and miles, but it should be fine long enough to see if it'll act up. A severely rich condition will damage a motor, but not nearly as quickly as a lean condition will.
I don't know enough about the RCC fueling module to make suggestions, but I'm sure you can email them and ask.

AMS has nothing to do with the way the bike runs is 100% correct......BUTIF someone spliced into a circuit in a bad or incorrect way to install it could Bad GPS wiring changes the signal to the ecu, or something
I was looking at AMS issues as to the sensor eating not the error code so much

Shouldn't see any extra fuel since it won't be in boost. The RCC fuel controller looks to be a Microtech secondary fuel controller. It won't add fuel until it senses boost pressure.

Gasket depends on the type of gate, I'd imagine some have them. The spring is what sets your boost level, typically you put a small spring in, mine is 3lbs, and then the controller adds pressure on top. If you remove the spring it'll run rich (boost = air) and be way down on power, but it should be safe. I wouldn't thrash on it, or run it for miles and miles, but it should be fine long enough to see if it'll act up. A severely rich condition will damage a motor, but not nearly as quickly as a lean condition will.
I don't know enough about the RCC fueling module to make suggestions, but I'm sure you can email them and ask.
Thanks Boss. understood.
AMS has nothing to do with the way the bike runs is 100% correct......BUTIF someone spliced into a circuit in a bad or incorrect way to install it could Bad GPS wiring changes the signal to the ecu, or something
I was looking at AMS issues as to the sensor eating not the error code so much
So..202...if the freakin clutch switch has failed,its not sending a correct signal. Could still be my issue. Does the ECU get a clutch signal that open or closed it still requires. A buddy built a Busa drag bike that would not start from day 1 until he wired all the switches back in. Clutch,side stand,tip over. Wiring diagram show they are all connected if only by ground wire all ending up at the ECU. Thoughts?
Thanks for looking in 202....:bowdown:
Shouldn't see any extra fuel since it won't be in boost. The RCC fuel controller looks to be a Microtech secondary fuel controller. It won't add fuel until it senses boost pressure.
Dustin thanks man. I was thinking that...but needed confirmation from an expert such as you for total piece of mind.

Thanks men,
Rubb.

Back