Flashing FI but no codes

slider_buck

Registered
Anyone with a gen2 busa ever have it shut off while riding and flash FI at you? I checked for codes and there isn’t any. When it did this the bike would still crank but wouldn’t start. After I turned the ignition switch off and back on it was fine. Any ideas? If the tip over switch is faulty is this what itd do?

Try your tilt sensor. The ecu won't store a code so bridge the dealer plug under rear seat (white) go for a ride. If you have a fault and it cuts out on the ride the code will be displayed on dash, remember it and reference code to the fault list. All the info is on this very useful site.

thanks. so far it hasnt done it again. Think im just going to bypass the sensor so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

Just don't throw your bike down the road! No sensor and the bike running on its side, BANG!!!! no engine!

Anyone with a gen2 busa ever have it shut off while riding and flash FI at you? I checked for codes and there isn’t any. When it did this the bike would still crank but wouldn’t start. After I turned the ignition switch off and back on it was fine. Any ideas? If the tip over switch is faulty is this what itd do?

Happened to me about a month ago(first time ever since new in 2011),was taking off from a stop light and it died(thought maybe I had just killed it or something).Grabbed the clutch and cranked it over(FI light on)several times but wouldn't start so turned the key off and pushed it across the intersection.Turned the key on and started right up(no more FI light),hasn't done it again since.Still really don't have a damned clue as to why it did it or if it will someday happen again,baffles the crap out of me.

Just don't throw your bike down the road! No sensor and the bike running on its side, BANG!!!! no engine!

yeah i know. a chance id rather take then to have it die while riding a wheelie or something. im going to have a tether switch on it anyways to run at KilKare Dragway

Back