Feeling a little blue after yesterday.....

Rollin20z

Registered
Well as some of you know I have been contemplating colors on the Gen 2, she has been orange all season and i was pretty tired of the color. Switched up wheels and a few odds and ends here and there but it didn't really make any difference as it was just the same old color. And thinking about it a little I came to the conclusion that I haven't had a blue bike yet. Yes it was originally blue/gold when I got it but it had some scratches so they came off before I even tagged it and got redone in the orange scheme and I even went with matching tail and fr fender to be different from the rest of orange/black 08's. I did think about my blue R6 but that never gets ridden and is a living room display pretty much and I love the electron blue on my Z. Had some med blue lacquer just sitting waiting for a canvas to be put on so I picked up some extra fairings gave them some new color,gonna let them harden up over the winter and buff & polish them later to get them nice and shiny. Replaced brake & tail lenses with smoked leds,put pc'ed pass pegs back on,replaced monster scoops with orig. turn/vents, and here she is in all her new beauty. At least for the time being anyhow.:laugh:

What's your thoughts on lower fairing panels being matching color instead of contrasting black? Also I didn't do the filler panels blue with the thoughts of maybe it would be too much, what ya think? Yay or Nay ? ???

Maybe it's just me but I hate it when I roll up somewhere and there's another bike that looks just like mine, so now it's time to redo the Gen 1 from the all black stealth look. Looks nice and badazz but just too many of them out there. :whistle:

Here's her growth process since last spring:

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN6461.jpg

DSCN6572.jpg

DSCN7010.jpg

DSCN7962.jpg

DSCN8436.jpg

DSCN8635.jpg

DSCN8647.jpg

DSCN8668.jpg

DSCN8675.jpg

DSCN8677.jpg

DSCN8682.jpg

DSCN8683.jpg

DSCN8697.jpg

DSCN8719.jpg

DSCN6204.jpg

Not exactly the same color but I like it. At least it will look a lot better on the trailer behind it during trips :beerchug:

DSCN8686.jpg

I think it looks great the way it is. The paint scheme is nice, but I think the wheels really complete the look.

Looks good! :thumbsup: totally different from what you see every day!

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

The paint scheme is nice, but I think the wheels really complete the look.

Yes, the wheels do make it a whole different bike, looks and ride.

Do you have a paint booth in your basement?

No, gave all that up when I moved out here to Clarksville, along with a lot of garage space I wish I had back. I just use a little set-up in back yard for color, and a simple pop up plastic walls and filtered fans in garage for clear coats.

What kind of undertail and license plate bracket is that?

Hot Bodies undertail and can't remember tag bracket, just generic one with Kanji stamped into it.

Sweet Bill! Digging the new color. I cant wait till next riding season, very interested to see what other colors the busa will go through.

Great Job. I like both colors.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back