Feel like I got whooped

Gpmo

Registered
So I hurt today a bunch. My 14 year old nephew decided he was going to ride his bicycle from our city of Ft Collins to neighbor city Greeley. It's only 34 miles..... I got my bike about a month or so ago and thought well if he can do it then so can I.

So I spent Saturday doing some spirited motorcycling in the canyons then went to bed at around 2 am got up at 9am left at 10am. Good start We made it almost to our goal and got a front tire blow out on my nephews bike. 6 or so miles away. :(. He was pretty bummed out. Well my Ma showed up and picked us up in the pickup and home we went.

Get home and My neighbor is out front wanting to go for a ride. So do some stuff around the house mount the camera and off we go to meet up with deal and back into the canyons.

Thinking i should have taken a break I feel like I got beat today. My legs are sooo achy. Well I would say lesson learned, just cause a 14 yr old who ride his bicycle everyday can do it doesn't mean you can when you have only been for a month....but since we didn't make it guess what we are doin this Saturday ....

yea, getting old sux! im so prone to injuries over the last few years. I feel like an old man at times.

I feel your pain me and my brother had a little 95mph chase through the canyons trying to get caught back up with the rest of our group on that ride yesterday, takes some strength to throw around a 10" stretch and 240???

I know what you mean.

I used to ride my 20" bmx bike 20 miles to another town, ride around all day and then ride home. After supper I was ready to go some more! Now I feel like I have accomplished something when I do just over 4 miles on my mountain bike!

I can remember when I was young (About 10 or so) I rode in a 25 mile charity event and then I rode another 20 or so miles home. I felt so great to be able to do that. Now at the great age of 52 (53 next Month) I am lucky to ride around the block where we live. It is strange how time takes a toll on our bodies. I visit a lady in a nursing home and I see all of these people and it is so sad what we as humans have to look forward to when getting old. Every time I think of it I get depressed. O well just enjoy it while we can.

It's encouraging to see other people's story's. I'm not alone lol. But it's also encouragement to stay active and healthy.

So in the spirit of it after a rest, next weekend when we do the ride again I should be in just that small bit better shape. Gonna rock it out.

My Aunt and Cousin lives in Loveland on the Lake. beautiful area.

Back