Fastest times I see

G

I have the luck of living in the same town as one of the best streetbike drag racers in the United States. Michael Phillips, there are a few others in that company also but I don't see them as much. Michael goes 10.15 at 136 on a showroon zx-9. With gearing and the front strapped 9.94. Piped, jetted, geared...9.81. His 60 ft time is in the high 150's or 1.60.

On my R-1 strapped and piped and jetted he went 10.20 at 142. The R-1 is difficult in first and second gear. His short time was only 1.69. The bike made 145 h.p. so he never had a great pass. I went 10.33 at 137 and I way 225lbs. So, the R-1 is a easy 9 second bike with a swing arm.

On a bone stock Hayabusa...9.79 at 146, strapped down he went 9.53 at 146 or 147. His short time on the lowered bike is 1.53...very good. Only Keith Dennis, and Brock Davidson get that kind of short time, but they have the clutch modification done.
Michael says he leaves at 1500 rpm, and can keep the clutch from really grabbing hard.

My bike will have the modified clutch in tommorrow and one tooth down on the front sprocket. I will let mike run it this weekend if he wants to, but his close friend just died sunday(a fellow rider) from a work related accident, and Mike probably won't be in the mood to race.

Back