false neutral ?

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
just ordered my bus and picking up in feb. my question is regarding the false neutral i keep reading about.

do you guys mean: the neutral light comes on but it's in gear?

thanks

the busa does it between 1st and second.... and 5th and 6th.

mine did it a few times 5 to 6.

annoying,can scare ya,can be tuff on the tranny(and I don't mean that guy that lives next door and dresses funny).

just bang it forcefully....treat it like a 20 dollar hooker...

not that I've ever been there....you'd have to ask
rock.gif

It usally happens between 5and 6 yer cruzin along in 5 then you shift into 6and zoooooom your in a neutral that aint spoda be there,then ya gotta shift it up again,by the way what color did you order and how long you think youll be able to leave the paint alone before you gotta trick it out

the dealer had cranberry/black, and blue/silver. trying to stay incognito so ordered the blue/silver, i like the way the silver on the plastic blends with the silver frame too...but...saw the black and grey on here in some pics and really dig it...asked if the dealer can get it and he said yes...so most likely going with the black and grey. i'll run it stock color for THIS spring/summer...

It usally happens between 5and 6 yer cruzin along in 5 then you shift into 6and zoooooom your in a neutral that aint spoda be there,then ya gotta shift it up again,by the way what color did you order and how long you think youll be able to leave the paint alone before you gotta trick it out
Exactly, its happend to me several times.

In most cases it seems to stop doing it after break in or after switching to synth, but may also be that by that time, you have figured out to make solid decisive shifts too.

I had to adjust my shift lever down about an inch, seem to help. Nothing more aggravating then bouncing the limiter at about 150....happens more then I would like to admit. Trick is to shift it hard.

i have the same problem. i hear changing to synthetic oil helps this. i'll do it ant let you know lol

I just did it, went to Silkolene Pro4 Plus @ 1-billon $ a oil change. Although the shifts now have a wonderful, buttery-smooth click-click - it really seems worse, not better. It shifts easier but seems so slippery that ya REALLY have to make sure your shift is positive, if you know what I mean.

I had the same problem when I first got the bike, then I learned that it was because I was shifting into 6th gear prematurely. 6th gear is hard to get into if you are running under 4500 RPMs in 5th... lesson learned: wait for it

Back