False neutral between 5th and 6th Help

I'm curious about that also (although I doubt I would pursue it myself).  I have a hard time believing any Suzuki dealer would give in to this - unless somehow you have a great deal of clout!

I've had my bike for 3 weeks now.  It happened on the first ride home from the dealer and probably every time I took it out for the first week.  Now it rarely happens.  Today I put 200 miles on it and no problems.

Hmmm,

Well, I have not noticed that at all on mine, but she is an 05...maybe they fixed the issue in the 05.

smile.gif

I have an 05 also 450 miles and it has happend to me maybe 5 or 6 times and I was a little worried about but I see I'm not the only one with the same problem. Guess I just have to shift harder

I've got 2000 miles on my '05... I've had the darn thing find neutral between 5-6 many times... the worst thing is when it decides to drop into gear after the clutch is out and the motor has already revved up to 4000 or higher due to the missed shift... OUCH!  I've started to pre-load the shift lever and shift it hard.  Usually when it misses it feels like there are two notches to shift through; anyone else notice that?

Steve

I have heard quite a few people complain about false neutral between 5th and 6th... but not had any such problems myself
smile.gif

I have also heard that, it will become ok after a lil bit of running in!

I've had this occur twice in the bike's first 600 miles. It's an 05 plate bike which is in for its first service today yipee!

Mike

Yeah, I got this a couple of times now too. You're all right about the slow shifting - that's the problem. GOD bless this forum:)

My 04 ltd. did it quite a bit, went to dealer @ 700 miles for service and told them about the same problem. No more problem for about 2000 miles and it started again. I wanted to change oil anyway & put in Mobil one gold label ...no more problem...I did get a pair of boots around that time period, maybe that helped..my .02

Back