False neutral between 5-6

Stevenwr

Registered
Bought my first Busa (05 LE) in June, I've had a couple false neutrals between 5-6. I lowered the shift lever & that helped, only once a false neutral since. Went ahead and installed the Factory Pro shift star kit this weekend. Mike1180 has an awesome photo post on installing the kit. Surprised at the difference...it just seems to shift into gear with a very positive feel. Between 5-6 hardly any effort shifting. Nice mod, thanks again for the "how to post". This forum is very helpful.

This isn't that unusual , especially with new Busa riders. Shifting like you mean it would have probably corrected the issue.

When I read up on false neutral and adjusting the shift lever I also read about "shifting like you mean it". Regardless of that I found that at high RPM from 5-6 = false neutral.

I would do it under those circumstance back in '06 when I bought my first Busa. Haven't had the issue since because someone wrote " you have to shift it like you mean it ", and I started doing just that. Don't even think about it it anymore it's comes natural now.

True enough, I haven't had a false neutral in months now. I suppose I'm being over cautious with installing the shift kit, but it's nice to know it won't happen again....when it happens it makes such a terrible noise my whole body cringes!

It's operator error, not a false neutral...it happens to a lot of newbies. Shift it like you mean it and your trans will live longer.

Back