Fall bash,  I'm sorry and my totals...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I want to say sorry to everybody that had to pass me on those roads in the corners. Lets just say there is nothing like that up where I live and my skills are lacking and I spent alot of time second guessing myself. I live in the oldest part of the country and the roads are paved paths that used to have carts and horses on them. There are corners but nothing like that. I felt like I was in the way most of the time.

That said I, had a blast. Nice meeting you all...

I racked up 2300 miles on the truck, which took about 40 hours to drive all together with food and gas stops.

Got a little over 400 miles on the bike...

Spent a hair shy of $500 on gas for the two vehicles and have half a tank left in the truck. Oh boy!!!

$110 for the room. What a deal

Spent another $350-400 on not sure what. I came home with 4 T-shirts an little stuffed Dragon some stickers and ate out 3 times. Oh well...

Money well spent...

I have some pics but cannot load them from work. I'll get them up later

Dave

Dave,
I have been to 2 Spring bashes. I really don't think you'd need to apologize for riding your ride. I certainly don't break any records at the dragon either. Any good rider will tell you Track days are for seriously pushing the envelope.

Now, if you were riding beyond your ability and got someone else hurt, that would be a different story.

(PDBusa @ Oct. 01 2007,11:07) Dave,
I have been to 2 Spring bashes. I really don't think you'd need to apologize for riding your ride. I certainly don't break any records at the dragon either. Any good rider will tell you Track days are for seriously pushing the envelope.

Now, if you were riding beyond your ability and got someone else hurt, that would be a different story.
+1 It is not about speed...it's about enjoying the ride!!!

(Rayabusa0818 @ Oct. 01 2007,10:10)

+1  It is not about speed...it's about enjoying the ride!!!
+1...i was so glad to hear that no one went down
beerchug.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Oct. 01 2007,11:10)

+1  It is not about speed...it's about enjoying the ride!!!
You hit the nail on the head.

The Gap is not a track. I know some people think I use it as one, but that is far from the truth.

It was rather enjoyable with the THP there, riding at 30mph, finding out where they were and then lighting a fire on the way back to the CROT...lol....

Well that was just it. I rode at the pace I was comfy at instead of pushing it and killing me or somebody else. I just felt like I was in the way...

(DNGrumpy @ Oct. 01 2007,12:01) Well that was just it.  I rode at the pace I was comfy at instead of pushing it and killing me or somebody else.  I just felt like I was in the way...
That is something I stress for all new Bash attendees...

The Gap and surrounding roads will susprise many..

LOL No need to appologize man, trust me if you are holding someone up they will pass you. Or try to push you to keep a conisistant speed ;)

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride with you so I will make a note to do so at the next fall bash!

Remember, the gap is just like any other road...after all it is the Tail of the Dragon with 15 THP in 11 miles! You should go out and hit the other roads to next time. There is some beautiful riding in the mountains!!

I logged 400 miles in two days. Did the Skyway and the Foothills and over to Cherokee etc...

Hey Dart you already know but she can ride the wheels of that thing. I spent alot of time behind her.

Oh yeah, the dog dog slept in the truck till about 3am and then the guy in 116 took him inside cuz he was shivering... The Habanero didn't seem to bother him too much
smile.gif

Thanks for everything you did for us and I enjoyed meeting you and your dog, but hey; you left your dog at the Gap. What's up with that
rock.gif

Picture_009__Small_.jpg

I was not there and I am going to tell you don't apologizes for riding your ride Bro. When ever I ride with a group I ride my ride not theirs and you know what I come home safe and sound every time. glad you made it home safe and had a great time. Also glad to hear that know one went down
super.gif

Come on Big Dave, you rode your ride and had fun doing it.

Nothing wrong with that, Bro!

Had fun riding with you and hope you make the Spring Bash.

Hey Dave. Loved that red beauty. Glad you made it home safe. I think you rode fine. No wrecks. I was behind you part of the day, so if your slow what does that make me ? Great riding with you. See you in the spring..
beerchug.gif

IMG_0111__Medium_.JPG

(DNGrumpy @ Oct. 01 2007,11:50) I logged 400 miles in two days.  Did the Skyway and the Foothills and over to Cherokee etc...  

Hey Dart you already know but she can ride the wheels of that thing.  I spent alot of time behind her.

Oh yeah, the dog dog slept in the truck till about 3am and then the guy in 116 took him inside cuz he was shivering...  The Habanero didn't seem to bother him too much  
smile.gif
I figured you guys were behind her for the view  
wow.gif

What can I say its a nice one
jump9.gif

We saw the dog the next morning when we stopped at the bike shop. It was walking in and out of stores. Kim wanted to bring it home. I would get a cat before a ankle biter.

I didn't think anyone was holding up the group, we had a blast.

I saw that
SHOCKED.gif

What can I say I had the hottest driver in the group that day
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Not that she had much competetion with you mugs.

To the other women there I said driver not rider.
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

Back