I'm sorry all!!!

Thanks all, and lucky for you I DID get pics of before and after the mods. I didn't think I did but I also got pics of all the under the tank stuff too! This next part is something I did I think other people might be able to use.

QUICK MOD FOR PEOPLE ON A BUDGET:

Wanna remove that stupid pair valve system on your 99-07 Busa when you are changing your exhaust but don't want to fork up $50 or more dollars just for block off plates? NO WORRIES!!! This mod will cost you approx. $10 and a little bit of your time.

1. Take the pair valve tubes completely off of the system and the engine. You should have 4 bent metal tubes in your hands.
2. Saw off the heads of the tubes with a hacksaw.
3. Get JB Weld, mix thoroughly and apply to the side of the head that was cut. DO NOT apply to the surface going to the engine. Let set for 24 hours to completely set (I think 5 hours to dry).
4. Apply RED high temp gasket maker to the side of the cut off head that is going onto the engine liberally but try not to get it in the hole on the engine above the exhaust port. Let it set until tacky.
5. Place each one, red side down, on the block and torque the original hardware nuts to 50-60 in lbs.
6. On the underside of the airbox is a hose that goes to the pair valve. Remove the line completely from the motorcycle and cut about 2-3 inches off. Fill half of the cutoff piece with the red gasket maker. Use the original clamp and put that piece back on the bottom of the airbox with the red half down ( Note: Do not push the red side onto the airbox as it will be a pain in the butt to remove later if you do)
7. Remove the pair valve.
8. The vacuum tube that is on the valve needs to be removed from the valve and blocked to keep vacuum on the rest of the system. To do this you simply cut it off as high to the engine as you want it to be and then fill it up somewhat with the red gasket maker.
9. Throw the pair valve in the garbage.
10. Finish installing your new exhaust and have a great ride.

If you do not feel you can accomplish this you should not attempt it. Please have your service representative do the work for you. This is for people who know there way around tools.

Again, thanks ya'll and your pics are coming soon!

Last edited:
Back