Fairing Screens

LiBusa

Registered
Can some one recommend a vendor who sells quality PRE-FORMED Hayabusa GSX1300R Fairing Screens / Grills. I looked on Ebay and wasn't impressed with the items I saw. I'm hoping someone on the forum has had a good experiance with a company that they would recommend.

Lookin items for sale,,Vic's doing nice work.
beerchug.gif

I visited ppm last year as a favor for my cousin. She wanted some mirror block offs for her zx12.  I talked to the owner and he was a complete ****. He treated his employees like crap.  I would not recommend him to nobody.  I would pay extra from somebody else before I would buy cheap from him.

Ummmm, I bought a chromed ricer grill from Autozone.....

(hang on, I still got the box)

# 82.1051.P from APC, Universal Mesh Grill, 120cm X 20cm

It's a dull chrome, so it matches "anything, and everything" on the Busa......

I originally bought a set off ebay, but they were thin, and frail.  I then bought this ricer grill, and just followed the write-up in "mods", I believe.  Three hours, two tubes of that plastic weld (two part) in the tube, and I was mounting everything up.  The mash, and smash is like the best plastic weld / epoxy on the planet.  I set everything up, and mounted.  Grills turned out awesome.......Yours will too !!!  
super.gif

Sorry, this a Bagster shot, but that's the finish on this kind of grill........

DSC00280__Large_.JPG

Here's John's with the same grill kit used.........and he did "HIS" by himself also !!!

Way to go John !!!!
super.gif

DSC00171__Large_.JPG

I originally bought a set off ebay, but they were thin, and frail.  I then bought this ricer grill, and just followed the write-up in "mods", I believe.  Three hours, two tubes of that plastic weld (two part) in the tube, and I was mounting everything up.  The mash, and smash is like the best plastic weld / epoxy on the planet.  I set everything up, and mounted.  Grills turned out awesome.......Yours will too !!!  
super.gif

So those are preformed for a busa from Autozone?

super.gif

So those are preformed for a busa from Autozone?
No, you cut and form yourself. Originally I was like...NO WAY...I'm buying prefromed. When I was bummed out from $29.00 wasted on those, I went with this ricer grill, cut into sections, and "preformed m-y-s-e-l-f". "I" was amazed. Turned out T#TS, in Capital Letters.....
super.gif

super.gif

I installed a set from Vic...good quality and good price. Be careful with the sodering gun.

Have seen and heard only good things about the screens Vic makes. I have also done like Spudley and bought the grill screen from AutoZone. It too works well.

I`m sure that Autozone screens are fine. One word of advise from one who made 100 of sets. When you do preforming be careful and don`t chip your paint. I have old plastics I`m using for forming. Paint could be ruined easily if you are not careful. Use masking tape in a few layers before you started bending and forming your screens.... or let me do it for you.
beerchug.gif

Yesturday I received chromed, preformed screens from Vic. They look great. I had to try them and yes that is my dining room table and no my wife don't tell say nothing about that. Especially since she's outta town til tomarrow. Needless to say I'll be busy tonight.

DSC02981.JPG

I made my own about 3 weeks ago...got some screen....some appoxy...a couple of work lights...my garage....and some loud heavy metal.....and about 3 hours and cut up hands later.....they were done....i put on the appoxy and left them under the work lights over night and in the morn....they were dun!!!!
jump9.gif

Back