Fair Winds & Following Seas

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
...is the acknowledged, traditional US Navy sailor's "salute" to bid each other farewell, and to wish them a smooth, uneventful, and expeditious journey...to wherever the seas may take them.

I had the always-difficult occasion this morning to bid a long-time friend, James Gilman (.oRg screen name: Gilman) good bye (or 'til-next-time). His orders in hand are shipping him to his next duty station in Japan, though, I'm sure we'll see him on the board from time to time.

He is an accomplished R1 pilot, a devoted husband and father of three, a loyal and devoted friend, and a great all-around human being.

As a member of SoCalSportBikes, he's been a regular part of our weekend outings, and for the prospect of these outings for the coming years, I will miss you, James.

Be well, friend. Already looking forward to news of your safe landing and as well...to your return.

To you, James: Fair Winds & Following Seas.

Scar & Gilman 20JAN10.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your service :bowdown: and please stay in touch!!

Fair Winds & Following Seas :thumbsup:

James thak you for your service, enjoy Japan. We will talk to you in the future I am sure.

James,

Be careful in your travels. Thanks for the sacrifices you have made for your country.

Rick

James thank you for your service and my peace of mind...God speed and stay safe..

Scar is he going alone or is the family going overseas with him ?

James thank you for your service and my peace of mind...God speed and stay safe..

Scar is he going alone or is the family going overseas with him ?

Unlike his last overseas tour (Iraq), he gets to take the wife and youngin's with him...

Thank you for your service to our country, tell you wife and kids thank you also. Your family sacrifices too....

Cap

Excellent when I can afford it I try to take at least one of my family members with me when I travel.
It eases the pain of being without Arby's...
His kids will be able to exp another culture and it will broaden their minds because of it.

A safe journey to you bro! Thanx for your service to our country and thanx for being a good person to ride with. I look forward to riding with you again when you get back! Stay out of harms way! Ken:beerchug:

Good luck in Japan... if I could go back there, I would in about a minute! Keep in touch, I hear they have the internet there too... :beerchug: :bowdown: Thanks for all you do, and your family puts up with!!!

Thanks for posting this, Scar.

Gilman,
Have a good tour in Japan, shipmate. Sasebo, Atsugi, Yokosuka???? Try to get a trip to climb Mt. Fuji if/when you get the chance. And check out the Ropponggi district. Hope you like sushi...cheap and plenty over there.

Have to ask you about those Army trousers though (I am guessing you got them as an IA with an Army unit).:beerchug:

Last edited:
Fair Winds & Following Seas to you and your family, thanks for your service :beerchug:

Back