F1  anyone follow this sport

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Not a die hard fan but have been losely following F1 for over 15 years and the speed is just incredible! I knew I could never afford an F1 car or even a ride in one so thats about when I found sportbikes and the busa...  

Watched the Australian GP tonight and it was NUTS!

anyone else?  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143957754 -->

I've actually been to the F1 race in Montreal and it is awesome. If youever get the chance to go, its a must, you will not regret it. I had the best time. Theres three days of racing and the parties are great. Its a must go for anyone that loves speed and those cars sound sick when you hear them live. The closest thing that I can think of to what they sound like is like a fighter jet taking off, simply amazing.

Following F1 since the Watkins Glen, NY days. Been there, Montreal, Vegas (back in 1981?). Gotta get back to Montreal; not sure if I want to see them at Indy.

They're coming to my neck of the woods...

The Long Beach Grand Prix!!!
biggrin.gif

F1 is one of my recent loves in life. Right up there with MotoGP, but something about the F1 cars really do it for me. If you ever heard any of the old F1 cars....just the thought of the sound will make the hair on your arms stand-up and scream! The V-8's aint to shabby, but sure aint saving the teams any cash.

I have been to about 26 F1 races since the early ninetys. For me it's the Ultimate in open wheeled racing.Goose bumps everytime, the good old Ferrari V-12 not very reliable but if we new what sound a T-Rex made I'm sure this would be it.
It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Montreal is a good one to check out well organized and like already posted the partys are really good.
Monaco (Monte Carlo) is also a must, the race itself is most of the time not very dramatic (a parade really) unless it rains then it's chaos in it's purest form.Narrow city streets no run off zones and you can't see you hand in front of your face from the water spray off the car in front of you.
But if you want to see (IMO) the best F1 racing, go to Belgium, Spa-Francochamps, dry it's incredible, wet it's the ultimate.Eau Rouge is a 6 storey climb at 260 kms an hour, with a totally blind left hand corner at the top that you take full out.
(talk about crappin your pants). Let's see Tony Stewart do that, that would impress me. It's a hobby of mine I use it as an excuse to visit the countries that hold the race that year.
If you want a real F1 weekend experience in it's purest form go to Monza.
The fans (called tifosi) are the craziest, of any I have seen around the world.
The food is good the tickets are reasonable, and the women, well enough said.
Topless body painted hotties everywhere, it's hilarious.
And skip the hotel scene, the action is at the on-site camping areas, they are huge.
they set up Beer tents, live music, strip clubs right there in the camping areas.
Oh and don't take your girlfriend or wife, or you won't have one anymore.
It's in the red wine they drink, the girls just can't handle it.
But I digress,
No I am not a fan, I am a fanatic. Probably could have my house paid off by now, but WTF you only live once.

I've been watching for prolly about 16 years. Love it, look forward to it every season. Just wish SpeedChannel was in High definition. That Would make it soOOoo much better...

Have not had the chance to actually go to a F1 race, but they are awesome machines
wink.gif

If you want a real F1 weekend experience in it's purest form go to Monza.
Spa and Monza would be awesome! And although I've never been to Laguna Seca (but want to see the MotoGP there!), the only thing close I've been to was Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (big changes in elevation). I grew up going to Mid-Ohio, which is a good place to watch the AMA Superbikes. And, hey, wouldn't it be great to take a quick detour on your way to Monza to tour the Ducati, Ferrari, and Lamborghini factories in Bologna?!?

Did the Ferrari factory tour back in 94.
Pretty cool.

This year I'm off to the Ilse of Man Races.
Going to take a year off of the F1 circuit.

Probably fly down for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca.
Saw the WSBK races there in 2003, it was pretty good.

Markus
Pazzo Racing

super.gif

Back