#1 sport of choice...

#1 sport of choice... - What kind of sports fans are on here?

• NFL

Votes: 59 100.0%
  • College Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NBA

• College Basketball

• MLB

• NHL

• Auto/Moto Racing

• Soccer

• Other

• Total voters

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
With baseball season dragging along and football/college bb around the corner, I was curious as to what everyone's favorite sport to watch/attend is and who is their team w/in that given sport and/or other sports.

Feel free to elaborate after voting.

BTW, under Auto/Moto, "Auto" represents automobile and "Moto" represents motorcycle racing. For some reason there was some confusion.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154364943 -->

College football (Notre Dame) for me. Grew up going to Notre Dame games, not to mention had family attend as well. Okay you can pile on me now.

Followed closely by NFL (Tampa Bay) and college basketball (Kentucky - alumnus).

Football and boxing fan here...I love my Denver Broncos and hate the Redskins just 'cause the hubby loves 'em so much...
laugh.gif

Racing but only two-wheel stuff unless some good drags are on...but voted OTHER cuz thats where UFC would be!!!!
the OCTAGON rules!
cool.gif

Racing but only two-wheel stuff unless some good drags are on...but voted OTHER cuz thats where UFC would be!!!!
the OCTAGON rules!
cool.gif
I enjoy watching the UFC as well, but wouldn't consider it to be similar with sports like the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

It has it's own novel following and if you would rather watch UFC over a Packers/Bears game so be it...and yes it would fall under the OTHER category.

Auto racing... specifically NASCAR... i know i will get flamed in here for that but i dont care... most people dont even know 1/4 of what goes into NACAR.  I'm a big fan of Hendrick Motorsports 24, 48, 5, 25 cars.  I also like football, Dallas, Titans (cause they used to be the Oilers). I like baseball to, Rangers, Astros, but i dont follow anything as close i as i follow NASCAR.  Collage anything i dont do cause there is just to much to follow.  I used to be BIG into bowling until deployments and work put the kybosh on that... i even have two 300 games!!  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Sloto200
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154365359 -->

Auto racing... specifically NASCAR... i know i will get flamed in here for that but i dont care... most people dont even know 1/4 of what goes into NACAR.  I'm a big fan of Hendrick Motorsports 24, 48, 5, 25 cars.  I also like football, Dallas, Titans (cause they used to be the Oilers).  I like baseball to, Rangers, Astros, but i dont follow anything as close i as i follow NASCAR.  Collage anything i dont do cause there is just to much to follow.  I used to be BIG into bowling until deployments and work put the kybosh on that... i even have two 300 games!!  
wow.gif
No Houston Texans football?

I'm ecstatic if I hit 200 in bowling.

I'm a Mark Martin fan myself. Met him at a photo shoot back in 92'...awesome individual; been a follower ever since.

Boxing Championship matches
BMX Vert
College Football
MLB World Series
Soccer World Cup
NFL Playoffs

sorry if im into "non-mainstream" stuff Overrrrr Weazy (i like that nickname, who made it up? 954
rock.gif
wow.gif
) just f'kn witcha....my dad n younger brother are bigtime sportsfans and I try to watch stuff with them, but I get sick of the "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" shid all the time....when we're watchin games at a bar it seems a bit over-done to me. But I gotta admit, when Tito was layin' into Sham-rusty last month, I was screamin too-"get your old azz UP Ken!!!" so touche on that. I never played sports in school, and racing is so commercially driven I get bored wading thru all the sponsors garbage...even on SPEED, seems to be getn worse with the Touring Car series n MotoGP is always riddled with like 500 Yamaha or Kawasucki commercials.
besides...i spend a lot more time "learning" when Im watching a UFC fight..."KRACK!!! ouch...okay, remind me never to duck into an opponents' knee when Im trying to knock him out with a left hook" see, learning is FUN!
laugh.gif

You didnt' include GOLF
Yeah, probably should have included golf.  I've played since I was 4 yeras old and I enjoy watching the major tournaments just not every weekend...too many other things I need and want to do on weekends than sit in front of the TV and watch guys hit golf balls.

IMO, golf doesn't capture the sports fan stigma I'm trying to capture.  I went to The Masters at Augusta back in 96', PGA Championship at Valhalla (used to caddy there).

The typical spectator is a middle aged individual to an old retiree.  Doesn't have the same enthusiasm as 60,000 + fans screaming their heads off at a football game.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154373829 -->

Any form of Motorpsorts! That being said, any form of sport and in particular motorsports are far more intriguing when viewed personally rather than on the box. The first time you see a competitive Top fuel car or bike run in person defies description! The first time I saw a Winston Cup race in Phoenix and thought I was witnessing the biggest wreck ever as they charged into turn 3 at ridiculous speed! Or watching a round of the world trials championships out in the very woods where I used to Mountain bike! Or hearing an Unlimited Hydroplane slapping the water at 200mph. My point is you owe it to yourself to go and see these things if the opportunity presents itself! I was in agony watching the USGP on TV the other day because I have been there and witnessed Eddie Lawson handing his helmet to a fan at the top of the corkscrew after winning the same race back in 1988. Wish I could have been there this time!

College football, specifically LSU and whoever is playing against FSU.

purpleandgold.jpg

I would have have voted for hockey too, but you only get one vote.

<!--EDIT|fsusux
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154376455 -->

sorry if im into "non-mainstream"...I get sick of the "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" shid all the time....when we're watchin games at a bar it seems a bit over-done to me.
Why are you sorry BD? No reason to be. I think most people would watch UFC if given the opportunity, me included.

Some people grew up w/ sports and some didn't...no biggy. But yeah, there are those addicted fanatics that choose to buy season tickets over putting money towards their children's education.

Back