F1 Light on turbo sandrail

the_owl

Registered
I guess F1 is too short of a phrase to search for, so Im having a hard time finding results.
I have a sandrail with a 2005 hayabusa in it. forced aire turbo kit, straight pipes, 6lbs boost and a power commander III uSB. I bought this car used so Im not to knowledgable on Hayabusas, or motorcycles for that matter.

Ive driven it a few times since I got it. today I started it just for grins, and it never really seemed to warm up and run right, then the F1 light came on. I tried to drive it into the toyhauler and it just doesnt have any power.
I put a spare set of plugs in it (new) with the same results.

What typically causes this CEL ?

How can I get the codes without taking this to a dealer. I dont think dealers will be too accomodating.

could the Bell FPR cause this? it shows the recommended 40 at idle and seems to jump up to about 60 when I try and get on it.

Could stale gas cause this? my next option was to drain the tank.

Total noob here.
thanks
!

You are going to need to find someone near you that is familiar with your turbo setup!

On most Busa's with a turbo, they will pull a Fi light under boost!

I wanna ride that Busa powered beast! I had a rail but VW powered only wish it were Busa powered! Have fun!

make sure your plugs are gapped at .018

check all your sensors. make sure your check valves in your vacuum lines are leaking.

I dont know anything about Turbos but I would start by unplugging add on controllers and trying it without the modified electronics. Then start plugging them back in until the problem started again.

Run 2 to 3 check valves to map sensor. Make sure the MAP sensor is not seeing boost. Also there was a special patch for the Powercommander for boosted apps to eliminate the FI light being tripped. I had it once but the laptop HDD died. I'm inquiring about it now from another board member.

If you haven't figured this out.I can tell you how to get code,and if you tell me what code is i can probably help solve it check your pm's for my #..

Back