Exxon post record breaking profit

Ok...well get yourself a Scottrade or Etrade account. Wait for prices to be low - buy, sit and wait a little, and sell when earnings reports come out.

Here's an example for Field Point Petro

52-Week High: 10.50 (11/9/2005)
52-Week Low: 2.35 (8/18/2005)

Ok, so you know gas and oil goes up...so instead of doing nothing about it, do something for yourself and your family.

If you skip a few Busa Mods, and would have Invested $1000.00 you have made a nice little return, with very little risk, as FPP is not going any where...not a penny stock. Ok, lets see...Natural gas prices and futures contracts came out at I think 10:30 Eastern time today...Yesterday you could have put in a little cash, knowing the Mid East conflict and the trend in the hot weather, and you could have made a nice profit....enough to fill your tank for a long time. I guess it's all how you look at things...We can all be victims if we want but why.

i wish the entire country would boycott exxon/mobile for one day. i wonder if it would affect them financially?
rock.gif

Absolutely right about the SUVs in Europe. People here drive sensible vehicles that are efficient to run and not oversized. My car is a Ford Fiesta. 1.6 Liters strong and nimble... Oh yeah I pimped it myself looks good don't it. And I am 6'4" 250...
Dude, that is Hardcore... I love it...

i wish the entire country would boycott exxon/mobile for one day.  i wonder if it would affect them financially?  
rock.gif
no it wouldn't.

really the government can't do a thing about gas prices. remember what happened when carter locked gas prices. instant gas shortages, the outcome was pretty ugly. supply and demand of what the market can bear is a good way to keep things in check economically.

I agree that oil companies are making obscene amounts of money, but they are not only cause of the problem, just the benefactors.

<!--EDIT|Mr. Anderson
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154034171 -->

The people who drive SUVs and other gas gozzlers can afford to. I can't afford it, so I don't have one. Gas prices going higher only affects people who don't have much money. The kind of people who can't afford to invest in stocks. Those who live paycheck to paycheck.

There is NO way I can feel sorry for oil companies when they're making tons of profits. Oh but the taxes and EPA... Where does the CEO of Exxon live?? In a 1261sqft home, cleaning his own house, cutting his own grass. I think NOT! Don't make excuses for the rich. If it was that bad they'd be broke.

Why does our gov. do nothing, because its controlled with those with money, duh? Special interest groups, lobbyists, etc... Until the people barely scraping by, really start to make noise, and I'm not talking about just calling their congressmen. Nothing will change. Money runs the world and those with money rule. The rest of us are just along for the ride.

Charlie,
You got it right. Among the forum, we tend to have two factions. Supporters of the current administration ie Republicans and Liberals ie Democrat non-supporters of this Administration. So those that follow the Elephant (republicans) tend to support the prevalent situation and come up with a tangible supporting argument, heck they probably have family in Houston too just like GWB. The rest of us see BullShed for what it is BULLSHED. Blame the EPA, blame taxes, but the fact is that the real blame is CAPITALISM. Those that take advantage of supply and demand will get loaded. Valium has a very good point, if they are reporting record profits, invest in them and enjoy the trend. I looked into Exxon and other petroleum stock something like six years ago. You should too in case you have a few bucks to spare.

Back