Exxon post record breaking profit

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060727/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_exxon_mobil

ok, I gotta get politcal again, for two seconds.

Isn't a "Monopoly" when a company owns the whole business and charges whatever they like? Why are they raising prices if the real price is not going up? Just to make loads more money? Ima bout ready to trade in my 3 vehicles on a really, really nice bicycle, just to spite the oil companies.

Why hasn't our brilliant government stepped in?

So.... What's new. Every quarter same old shyte. We are getting fleeced for sure, but since good ol' GWB is in the White House and Good Buddies with all of his Dad's Houston neighbors, nothing will be done about this. Then you got some talking head from Exxon/Shell/BP on Larry King live blowing more smoke than a Mexican schoolbus so we will at least think, "well he said that they aren't effective profits and he looked honest so it must be true". Bullshed! I tell ya- Bullshed.

Isn't a "Monopoly" when a company owns the whole business and charges whatever they like?  Why are they raising prices if the real price is not going up?  Just to make loads more money?  Ima bout ready to trade in my 3 vehicles on a really, really nice bicycle, just to spite the oil companies.

This is probably the biggest thing which is pretty my soley responsible for my starting to turn away from Bush.

I agree with all the military action (of course when you start to second guess someone you begin to second guess ALL their actions) but this whole oil thing.

I agree, I think we are being raped and taken advantage of, and the government has no problems with hammering Microsfot, nor the phone companies, and NIETHER of those entities has hurt the public economy and screwed everyone as much as the oil companies are and the government is doing squat about it.

Tells me the oil compnaies DO have our government in their back pockets.

Isn't a "Monopoly" when a company owns the whole business and charges whatever they like?  Why are they raising prices if the real price is not going up?  Just to make loads more money?  Ima bout ready to trade in my 3 vehicles on a really, really nice bicycle, just to spite the oil companies.

This is a very complicated subject. These prices were going to come due to many, many reasons.

If you remember the Congessional hearings that were called proved that the profit "margin" after investments were no more than othe US companies doing business. I thought it funny when a CEO of a major company told those bozo's "we will charge what ever the market bears".

The Liberal Left jumped on the band wagon. Kennedys, Schummer (friggin clown) and other bozos. What they forgot to mention is the fact that there taxes on gasoline are the highest is the US. 62 cents a gallon tax. No mention of that.

Now, if you and I were to buld a refinery it would take 10 years just to push the paperwork through the EPA. The cost would be staggering. We had many refineries here in the US. 30 to be exact. The EPA came in and said "you need to update your refinery to meet EPA standards". The companies could not afford the billions it would take. Sold them off.

Thanks to the tree huggers, liberal left and the EPA!

Also, even though Hillary Clinton visted China many times in the Clinton presidency protesting child sweat shops her husband signed treaties like NAFTA. Remember who cast the winning vote? Al Gore. Another piece of shid.

Bill Clinton made China the favored trade nation his entire two terms. They became rich. Very rich. China does not ride scooters and bicycles anymore. They drive cars. Lot's of cars, therefore a demand for oil. They have the money to buy it thanks to our policies.

There is only so much oil on the market. It's like a Cherry pie. Everyone wants a slice and it will go to whoever pays the most.

We could go on for days on this subject. I feel it is our fault that we got in this mess to some extent. I work with a man who's Son works on the oil rig's in the gulf. He told me that most of the time they find oil and cap it. If one looks hard enough there is probably a huge tax incentive to do this. Canada has billions of gallons. Why are we not asking for some?

Will gas come down. Nope. Will gas go up? Yes. Funny that gasoline is a "by product" of refining oil huh? I'm waiting until next year for my retirement truck. Should be giving them away by then.

hogger...

One must remember that Mr Bush and his Family are in the Oil business and have been in the Oil business for many generations...
An Old Oil Family from the beginning...

One must remember that Mr Bush and his Family are in the Oil business and have been in the Oil business for many generations...
An Old Oil Family from the beginning...
Yes. This is correct. The hearings were very interesting. I had to watch this.

The only way gas prices will come down is by lowering the tax on a gallon of gas. No State wishes to do this. The Country wishes not to also.

OPEC sets the price. No control over it. Never will be either. Other Countries that have oil sell it else where.

Until we un-cap the oil in this Country, forget about the owls and deer in Alaska we are at the mercy of OPEC. More of us drive then ever before. We need/want our big trucks and SUV vehicles. If America can afford the gas they will still buy them.

I don't have an answer. I am just fortunate that my commute to work is short. My bill for gasoline is around $100 a month give or take $20.00. (two cars) I know of some people paying $400 to $500 a month for fuel.

Can't imagine.

hogger...

Well no matter what you think, sales on Gas Hogs are up, and people are driving their cars more miles and on more and more expensive vacations with their cars. So, evidently it's not that bad because nobody is slowing down
rock.gif

I still have a problem understanding how the gas goes up .50 a barrel and 10 MIN. later the servics stations raise the price .25 cents. Then when the gas goes down $1.00 a barrel it takes 2 weeks for the stations to go down .02 cents  
1zhelp.gif

Scooter time, I'm buying a bio-diesel ruckus. I'll show those f**kers....only way to battle this is not buy the product.

Add to that the special fuel blends enforced by the EPA. Different fuel in the summer..different fuel in the winter.

They only refine so much of each. Then transporting fees, taxes and area locations.

I could never understand the different pricing just driving a few blocks.

Oh. In Phoenix they had a 4/4 Chevy Suburban, fancy model, for $18000.00 off..free gas for a year and 0% intrest.

Tell you something?

hogger...

When the water gets hot enough, people will start to jump out. There's a reason you don't see many SUV's in Europe.

Absolutely right about the SUVs in Europe. People here drive sensible vehicles that are efficient to run and not oversized. My car is a Ford Fiesta. 1.6 Liters strong and nimble... Oh yeah I pimped it myself looks good don't it. And I am 6'4" 250...

Resize_Fiesta.jpg

Right on Hogger! About time someone did there research on the subject vs. whining about it. For our government to make any change, the American people as a whole will have to feel the pain deep in the pockets. Everyone has to hit rock bottom before change is made. We all love our SUV's, vacation trips, etc. Until everyone is drastically affected, gasoline will be high. Remember, businesses are passing on the higher fuel costs to consumers. It really hasn't hurt everyone, yet. Vote and write your politicians to make changes. Maybe one day it will happen.

Does make you wonder,I wonder how they would take it if the whole of America decided one night to suddenly stop driving and start biking,I mean the peddle type or use mass transit?
wink.gif

well this is why i went out and bought my honda del sol 40 mpg

and i think gas is rediculous i mean we are all not millionaires so wtf

Say what you want, but I find it odd when gas reaches record or near record highs at the pumps, the oil companies come up with record profits. We are getting screwed.

Her little butt !  
laugh.gif
nice butt... I mean practical mode of transportation!

I heard a company made an electric sportscar. Forget who, but it is new news. I only started paying attention when they said 0-60 in 4 sec., and top speed of 135. price tag was $100k though.
Won't be long before OPEC buys the design and it's locked away with the others...

We are just getting shafted by the oil companies. I've heard...that our refineries actually export close to 30% of what they make. So why would there be a problem with supply in the country if they make so much extra.

I think the Federal government needs get off their duff and do something for the American people.

Back