Extreme Makeover

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
I got tired of waiting for Ty and crew to come over and give me a free home, so I took matters into my own hands. It's been a crazy summer in the Brown household as we've been living in a house while it's under construction. Our modest 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home was just fine for us in '96 when we moved in -- pre-kids. Now, 9 years and 3 kids later, we decided it was time to expand to a 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath model. In addition to the bedrooms, we added a front porch, office, larger family room, expanded dining room, kitchen pantry, and upstairs laundry room. No garage, but I have a custom built motorcycle shed in the backyard which easily houses 3 bikes, so we decided to opt for living space instead of garage space. Here are some pics of the metamorphosis still in progress:

a1.jpg

Current state: Almost finished. Still need porch railing, landscaping, and some interior work. The end is in sight!

a8.jpg

Dam! That's a lot of work
wow.gif
Looks good
cool.gif

I don't feel so bad about just remodeling the "inside" of mine now
laugh.gif

Gotta love it when the end is in sight. Looks real good.

Thats quite an undertaking! How much living space do you have now? How much were the additions?
rock.gif

Thats quite an undertaking! How much living space do you have now? How much were the additions?
rock.gif
The house used to be 1492 sq. feet, plus unfinished basement. The addition added 1530 sq. feet. It really is like adding another house, and yes, we are needing lots of new furniture. Money is stretching thin as we absorb the additional expenditures for changes that were not factored into the original plan, but it is worth every penny.

verry nice!!!

in the last photo, the roof line looks off... but might be the photo.

how long did this take start to finish?

Back