Extra fan mod and lower temp fan switch &thermostat

Check the directions from Shintz to see if you can do. I bought same fan that moves alot of air. My biggest problem was that i tried to use 90 clamps & didn't have fan mounted wide enough to clear & had to get another plastic securing kit as i couldn't salvage 1 of the 4 during remount. If you can push securing plastic rods through radiator fins push on round back snip off extra; splice wire with two round tube connectors replace fuse on left front of gen1 then put bolts back in radiator then yeah that easy. I did not disconnect any lines from radiator or coolant system waste of time.

So how is the fan work for you any heating issues and if it does in stop and go traffic do the fans bring the temperature down fast ???

So how is the fan work for you any heating issues and if it does in stop and go traffic do the fans bring the temperature down fast ???
Should help in stop & go i just liked the idea of a better cooling system. Put it on not long before season end I wouldn't now since i had bad temp switch years ago then went Shintz 160 degree switch allows fan to come on sooner (OE is 220 for emissions) higher boil over radiator cap & engine ice (drops 20 degrees) . No more issues after that. Pick up the switch & engine ice coolant both are cheap. Do know bird gets enough air flow when riding but with 220 degree turn on temp things are already out of control & single fan can't keep up at that point.

Should help in stop & go i just liked the idea of a better cooling system. Put it on not long before season end I wouldn't now since i had bad temp switch years ago then went Shintz 160 degree switch allows fan to come on sooner (OE is 220 for emissions) higher boil over radiator cap & engine ice (drops 20 degrees) . No more issues after that. Pick up the switch & engine ice coolant both are cheap. Do know bird gets enough air flow when riding but with 220 degree turn on temp things are already out of control & single fan can't keep up at that point.

I put engine ice in last June I bought a fan switch for a Suzuki Swift that supposed to hook up to OEM fan switch that supposed to come on at 195 so I will see if not I will have to buy the other switch what do you thank about a lower thermostat I bought one that goes in a Suzuki Swift also that supposed to fit the Busa

I put engine ice in last June I bought a fan switch for a Suzuki Swift that supposed to hook up to OEM fan switch that supposed to come on at 195 so I will see if not I will have to buy the other switch what do you thank about a lower thermostat I bought one that goes in a Suzuki Swift also that supposed to fit the Busa

Whats up Nastee, quick question can a power commander be programmed for a aftermarket Yoshumara system and a K&N filter without having it dyno , at least right away, I and I wanted to thank you very much for your help

Whats up Nastee, quick question can a power commander be programmed for a aftermarket Yoshumara system and a K&N filter without having it dyno , at least right away, I and I wanted to thank you very much for your help
Yes just like Frank said.

Get the 160 from Shintz 60 degrees sooner 195 is 25 degrees sooner which is better than OE. Want to catch it before it gets so hot.

Thermostat cant hurt.

Thermostat cant hurt.

I already bought the switch and thermostat ao Im going to use those, Im debating on doing this or at least the fan myself I think my mechanic will try to hit me for 3 hours labor or more for this job. So is it best to soder the fan wires together or can you use the snap wire connector

I already bought the switch and thermostat ao Im going to use those, Im debating on doing this or at least the fan myself I think my mechanic will try to hit me for 3 hours labor or more for this job. So is it best to soder the fan wires together or can you use the snap wire connector
you can use what ever type connectors you like, can slip shrink wrap on to wire first if you like then move into place once connector is on; then go over wrap with heat gun or hair dryer. They are not exposed to air at high speed so any should do the trick. Look at different types at store before committing & buy at least two sizes of what you want to use so you don't have to go back to the store for right fit.

you can use what ever type connectors you like, can slip shrink wrap on to wire first if you like then move into place once connector is on; then go over wrap with heat gun or hair dryer. They are not exposed to air at high speed so any should do the trick. Look at different types at store before committing & buy at least two sizes of what you want to use so you don't have to go back to the store for right fit.

You did the Schintz fan correct and if so did you have enough wire off the
Schintz fan to connect it to the stock fan wire and do it matter which wire is hooked up to the other wires thanks my friend

Schintz fan to connect it to the stock fan wire and do it matter which wire is hooked up to the other wires thanks my friend
Yes same fan you have and was enough may have cut some off been a while just run it around to the other fan to see. Follow wires off OE fan hold 2nd fan wire to see were you want to cut OE wire then join 2nd fan to those wires with wire stripper & 2 electrical connectors. Believe I put both fan wires together then connected other end to power supply (what was cut from 1st fan wire. The should have simple directions that came with the fan to reference.

Yes same fan you have and was enough may have cut some off been a while just run it around to the other fan to see. Follow wires off OE fan hold 2nd fan wire to see were you want to cut OE wire then join 2nd fan to those wires with wire stripper & 2 electrical connectors. Believe I put both fan wires together then connected other end to power supply (what was cut from 1st fan wire. The should have simple directions that came with the fan to reference.

It just shows how to mount the fan to the radiator, did you soder your wires together or crimp them

Take you time if you can strip a few wires/crimp connectors & play with fan placement you will see what little they are overcharging you for. You will know it is done right to not just them saying so! You are going to take your time they are probably going to rush through take the $ then next job as quick as possible to make money. Unless you have someone you trust.

Back