Extended warranty???

Lonestar

Registered
Not sure if this is the best place to post this so feel free to move it if needed. Just bought an 04 with a little warranty left on it and was wanting to know if an extended warranty would be worth the money?

imo , the warranty suzuki gives you isnt worth the paper its printed on ,it will be much cheaper to do the work yourself or at a local bike shop , cause suzuki isnt going to cover a dam thing ! i bought an 05 limited with extended warranty 1 month after started having problems with the trans they wont cover it still waiting to get my bike back its been over a month now since i had the problem i have discovered several people who deal with it same day in and out for about 400 dollars cheaper ! but others might have had better experiences ? i am in the process of getting my extended warranty money refunded !

Johnstein,
So are you saying that they wont even cover you under the standard 1 yr warranty and you haven't even gone into the extended warranty yet??? WOW that does suck.

I know of a dealer that sells the extended 4 yr plan for $449.00 as opposed to the $669.00 retail price. A lot of people dont know that these warranty's are negotiable and dealers will lie (imagine that) and say they are not.

Good luck with your fight.
Lonestar

yeah not even in the extended warranty yet , paid full price for everything ! as far as i am concerened suzuki abandons you after the sale if i had known then what i know now i would vce bought a nice low milage used bike ! and saved a ton of money ! suzuki will tell you themselves they will cover your bike 100% for mechanical defects only , my trans was labeled as abuse / mis shifts / drag racing , which made me angry since i use it for 2 up touring , the whole warranty prosses sucks and ends up with you having to prove by lawyer/court / ect that it should be covered by warranty ! it was truly the worst warranty i have ever dealt with a complete waste of time and just delayed the process of getting the bike fixed ! took them a few hours too tear the bike down then 2 weeks to tell me no warranty then they had the nerve to offer me 400 dollars toward the oem repair which was 2200 or i could send it out to be undercut for 1500 , basicaly giving me no choice ! but i am just one person , ask around maybe there have been good experiences also ? i am just still realy pissed off!

Actually the Suzuki extended warranty is sold for $400 here in Florida. You may be paying too much. call other stealerships and compare prices

seems to be the said --> " stealership " your dealing with ..as to whats going to be .."warrantied ' or not.. Here in Socal .. I've yet to hear of anyone "rippin off " the costumer..and in Cali the Warrantys go for 6 to 800.00 .. again up to the "stealership ".
sad.gif

Back