Extended warranty

dozerdust

Registered
just bought black 06 busa, its still in the crate. will recieve next week. The bike has a great engine and I feel the extended warranty may be a waste of $600. What do you guys think? Any big problems out there which may make the warranty worth it?

I paid $399 in October '05--the day I picked up the bike. Includes parts and labor, so for someone who lives in the city without a place to work on the bike, it was worth it for me. $600 sounds high, but maybe it's the area. Offer $400.

DO NOT PAY $600. Negotiate. They will come down, I know, it's what I do all day long. However, I do believe in them. I paid $499 for mine, most likely still made couple hundred on me....and that's ok. MUST have a good dealer with a service manager who is on your side to make it work right. Develop a loyal partnership with your service department....know them on a first name basis. Even if you do most of the routine maintenace yourself, let them do something once in a while. Always go back and see them everytime you are at the dealership. Buy the shop pizza for lunch. At 12,000 miles, I have yet to use the service plan. But, I garantee if I need it, it will pay, and most likely pay for itself. If I never use it, what's $499 over the long run?

My vote would be no....but I can and do all my own work. Most of the time if you are going to have a major problem it will happen during the standard 12 month warranty.

Shop around and get the best deal on one that you can find....if you can't fix your bike yourself or something major does fail after the standard warranty runs out it is cheap insurance and peace of mind.

Keep in mind that if you do get the extended warranty....be careful about your mods....some will VOID your warranty  
wink.gif

The wife of mine , went down there and "bought" my warranty a couple months ago ......She paid OVER $600 !!!! I was in disbelief !!
mad.gif
Too late now ....they made big bucks off of her .:blush:

welcome to the board and congrats on the bike. Yes, buy one. I do everything myself on my all my toys. But, just think, if for any reason, other than not taken care of bike, the tranny fails, engine, whatever, all you paid was $600 or less for 5 years. thats only .33 cents a day or less
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Tool
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140438068 -->

Back