extended warranty

makahabusa

Registered
does anybody have any comments on the extended warranty that a dealer offers when you buy their motorcycle.......or better put: would you buy an extended warranty....or is this a waste of money?
rock.gif

I've had 6 different Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki bikes over the last 12 years. Never had a repair issue ever. This bike is so bulletproof. My vote is "waste of money".
biggrin.gif

Chances are you won't need it, but if you do have a claim and can get Suzuki to pay you off it'll be well worth it. I bought one just for a little piece of mind.

Not a big fan of extended warranties. If you can get it at, say dealer cost, it's prolly a good deal.. but paying those inflated prices??? Not worth it, in my opinion... I mean, why do you think they sell them? To make money of course.. they don't even think you're going to need it.

When I bought mine, the deal was if I don,t have to use it, I get a full refund, (got it in writing),and if I do have to use it, it was money well spent. ($568.00)
wink.gif

When I bought mine, the deal was if I don,t have to use it, I get a full refund, (got it in writing),and if I do have to use it, it was money well spent. ($568.00)
wink.gif
Can't go wrong with that deal.. good negotiating skills!
wink.gif

btw busa1300nut... is your apostrophe key broken?? I see you always use commas.. just curious!
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Just used mine...Watch what you pay for it and don't figure it in with what you finance if your not buying the bike out right...
evil.gif

I got the same deal mentioned above... I'm buying the bike out right w/ext warranty and will get a full refund if it never has to be used~ Don't think you can wrong there...

I got the same deal mentioned above... I'm buying the bike out right w/ext warranty and will get a full refund if it never has to be used~ Don't think you can wrong there...
Who are you dealing with Gypsy? I have the paper work at home and it is coming down to decision time for me as well...
Over the last year I have had ZERO problems, but I am still waffling... I just cannot decide what to do......

Part of me says don't worry about it... But if something does go Tango Uniform it could easily cost $1k or more.... Then I would really feel like a craphead for not getting the warranty...

Flip side, nothing ever breaks, I piss away $5-600 bones... Hmmm, what to do....

I will prolly get the warranty but to be honest I feel like a sucker... everytime I have bought a protection plan, or service agreement it has been nothing but a waste of money... So I don't know...

Revlis and whoever else. Put the money that you are concerned about about spending on a warranty and put it in an account or in a safety deposit box in a bank. If you ever need to repair it use that. If you dont need to repair it. when the warranty "time period" would have expired. Spend that poop on some much needed mods!!!
laugh.gif

Hey Rev,
I'm doing my deal with Angelo at Suncoast, in Brooksville (352.796.6116)~ I had a couple of the stealerships tell me that you can only get this deal if you purchase the warranty at the time of bike purchase~ Barney's (of Brandon) tried to tell me that they were the only ones offering such a deal... which was total BS, but talk to Angelo and see what he says~

Hey Rev,
I'm doing my deal with Angelo at Suncoast, in Brooksville (352.796.6116)~ I had a couple of the stealerships tell me that you can only get this deal if you purchase the warranty at the time of bike purchase~ Barney's (of Brandon) tried to tell me that they were the only ones offering such a deal... which was total BS, but talk to Angelo and see what he says~
Hmmm, Thanks.. Sounds like I may be SOL when it comes to getting the money back if nothing breaks... I bought mine from Chuck at Powersports. Nice guys if not the most helpful sometimes... I'll talk to them and see.

thanks for the information.....my dealer is still offering the extended warranty. the  one year warranty that comes with the bike will end in april 2004. if i buy the extended warranty i have to get in writing that if it isn't used i can get my money back:;):

Hmmm, Thanks..  Sounds like I may be SOL when it comes to getting the money back if nothing breaks...  I bought mine from Chuck at Powersports.  Nice guys if not the most helpful sometimes...  I'll talk to them and see.
Chuck is a good man... I bought the Kat through him~ I talked to him this past weekend, they had a little 'wing ding' goin on up there~ He told me to get my deposit back from Suncoast and he would match their deal~ I thought about it, but decided it wasn't worth it just to match~ Now if he would have bested the deal or threw a helmet or something, I might have done it~ Just not worth the trouble for a match~

it's definitely piece of mind. I got the extended 5 year warranty. It came with my bike when I bought it. (bike was bought used with 945 miles)

Hmmm, Thanks..  Sounds like I may be SOL when it comes to getting the money back if nothing breaks...  I bought mine from Chuck at Powersports.  Nice guys if not the most helpful sometimes...  I'll talk to them and see.
Chuck is a good man... I bought the Kat through him~ I talked to him this past weekend, they had a little 'wing ding' goin on up there~ He told me to get my deposit back from Suncoast and he would match their deal~ I thought about it, but decided it wasn't worth it just to match~ Now if he would have bested the deal or threw a helmet or something, I might have done it~ Just not worth the trouble for a match~
Yeah I swung by Saturday, Looked like they had a pretty good turn out. Didn't hang out too long but I figured I should show my face, buy some Plexus and hang out for a little while. I didn't show up till about 1630 though, so I missed most of the good stuff...

Look forward to seing that red busa man, we need to hook and and go for a Raider led tour through the San Antonio area.
Makes for a nice laid back more of an "Adult" ride in the twisties. I mean, we're movin but we not MOVIN! Makes for a good Sunday AM ride.

Rev

Back