Extended Warranty Plan

HeliBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I am nearing the end of my search for an 05. One thing that I have been pondering is the extended warranty plan. My last bike was bought used so that was not an option.

Of those who have bought new bikes what has been your experiences and afterthoughts on this option.

Has anyone had any grief in doing mods to the bike and having that interfere with a later warranty issue?

can't say for sure, Heli. I guess it would depend on whether or not you're gonna go mod crazy. If you are, then I would say forget the extended.

I planned on modding my Busa somewhat so I chose not to purchase the extended warranty. I also figured, if something was going to go wrong on the bike, it'll probably be within the first year. I have had my bike since March '04 and had no problems.

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!. I opted for the extended warranty and worked it into the deal so got a good price IMO.

YOU NEED TO REALLY GET TO KNOW THE SERVICE DEPT GUYS AND SERVICE WRITE UP PEOPLE.

Stop in and say hey even when nothings wrong. IVe modded the HELL out of mine including putting 17,000 miles on it the first season. (wasnt trying too).

Ive gotten to know everyone good enuff now that I just ride right into the back doors and get odd n ends stuff done by the techs by passing the service dept people. When my hindle headers banged into my oil cooler rupturing the oil cooler line (OBVIOUS NON WARRANTEE PROBLEM) they wrote it up as such and got it covered. Same thing when I hit the bird and it punctured the radiator. I didnt know it at the time, I just happened to stop into the suz shop to say hey and came out seeing fluids. Rode it around the side and into the shop. They tossed me some tools and I took apart the fairings. They wrote it up as such and overnited me a radiator I helped put it in under warrantee.

So for me it was well worth it. If you have moorons and/or jerks that might make the difference on what shop you get it at!

If you change your own oil/plugs etc. Make sure you buy the stuff from them under "your name" so you have proof the required services are being completed. It's been good enuff to get things covered.

Same shop took care of rhythm too!.

Know your shop basically will help you decide.

JD

I have a 2000 busa and bought extended warranty that ended this march. I have a full yosh pipe a TRE and a remapp (yosh box). My starter gear assembly blew up 1 month before my coverage expired. They covered everything. starter. idler gear assmbly and new cover for the bigger gear. If I did not have warranty they said I was looking at a $800 bill. If the gear took out the case they would have put a new engine in free of charge. I'd get extended again if you ask me. Besides if it was any other failure like a rod knock I'd just put my old parts back on before I went to the dealer.

I had one on my 2000 and it saved me $1000 when I have the engine rebuilt because it was burning oil.

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!.  I opted for the extended warranty and worked it into the deal so got a good price IMO.

YOU NEED TO REALLY GET TO KNOW THE SERVICE DEPT GUYS AND SERVICE WRITE UP PEOPLE.  

Stop in and say hey even when nothings wrong.  IVe modded the HELL out of mine including putting 17,000 miles on it the first season.  (wasnt trying too).

Ive gotten to know everyone good enuff now that I just ride right into the back doors and get odd n ends stuff done by the techs by passing the service dept people.  When my hindle headers banged into my oil cooler rupturing the oil cooler line (OBVIOUS NON WARRANTEE PROBLEM) they wrote it up as such and got it covered.  Same thing when I hit the bird and it punctured the radiator.  I didnt know it at the time, I just happened to stop into the suz shop to say hey and came out seeing fluids.  Rode it around the side and into the shop.  They tossed me some tools and I took apart the fairings.  They wrote it up as such and overnited me a radiator I helped put it in under warrantee.

So for me it was well worth it.  If you have moorons and/or jerks that might make the difference on what shop you get it at!

If you change your own oil/plugs etc.  Make sure you buy the stuff from them under "your name" so you have proof the required services are being completed.  It's been good enuff to get things covered.

Same shop took care of rhythm too!.  

Know your shop basically will help you decide.

JD
Buy it...Tranny repaired and starter replaced...That's all I remember right now...

smile.gif

I did not buy one....figured that any major problem would show up in the first year. I have an 03 and the previous problems of the older models have been addressed.

Rememeber "Manguson-Moss" act..... basically, if the modification was not a contributing factor to the failure, it is covered under the warranty, even if the bike is modded. They have to cover it. Look it up on the web, download and print a copy. Just saying the words to a service manager will let him (or her) know you know your rights and will cut out alot of bullcrap. Ice is right, you you have to have a good working relationship with your (or a) service department. Buy em' pizza or something.....

Except for the rare occasion, extended warranty is a waste of money. These things now days are just about bullet proof. I have not seen or heard of anyone around here having a problem with 03 and later models. I think Suzuki has the bugs of the older models pretty well worked out. I have owned three new busa's and none have given me an ounce of trouble. I'm on my second Gixxer and no trouble there either.

You get a 12 month warranty with your new scooter. If it's going to have a problem of any signifigance it most likely will show up in the first 12 months. You also get unlimited mileage. I for sure would not buy the warranty at time of purchase. If you buy then crash your scooter or it gets stolen etc. you have wasted your money. I would wait until the factory warranty was ready to expire before making the decision to purchase the extended warranty. I have never ask about cost? Does anyone know what the price of an extended warranty is and how many years does it last?

Suzuki's 4 year/unlimited mile cost me $499 when I bought the bike. It is admin'ed by GE, not sure how good it is, have not used it yet. Except for the first service, bike has never been back to the dealer, never had a problem.

Back