warranty

MoeMar

Registered
I bought my bike back in 07 new and added a extended warranty. never used it.

Question: Has anyone ever had warranty work done?

Yes sir, starter switch replaced. That has been the only issue I have ever had requiring warranty work. Not bad in 12 years, 3 gsx-R's and 1 Hayabusa.

was going to get trans work done by means of warranty, until they told me they were going to put the same parts back in.....decided to pay out of pocket to get it fixed right somewhere else (second gear dogs worn)

When I brought my bike, the guy said I have to read you this, and said do you want a extended warranty.

Then he said you don't really need it as the Busa is very reliable, and if any thing is going to go wrong, it will go wrong in the warranty period you get with the bike.

And here in the UK we get a 2 year warranty.

The guy was honest with me as he would have been on commission for selling to me it.

Yes, my local dealer works hard to make warranty claims work for new bikes, but all this happened in the first year of ownership on the Gen I. So far on the Gen II out of warranty they have checked the wire routing on the ignition key switch, checked the clutch bolts, and replaced the rectifier. No cost to me and everything done while I walked next door and ate at Burger King.

If you've ever heard of the Bell Curve, most moving parts fail when something is new ...... gives years of trouble free service ...... and then as it begins to age and wear begins to fail .

I don't buy extended warranties but that's me. My Gen II is over 4 years and 30K miles old trouble free. :thumbsup:

Back