Exhausted

(HeloMech74 @ Apr. 17 2007,21:27) You might want to consider the Tsukigi SpecII Race system.  It's about the same price of most the systems that you posted, and makes some serious power as well.  I bought my Stainless/Stainless Oval system from Greg at HPC.  He gave me a great deal, and sent me a great PC map for it as well.  I am running it with a Pipercross race filter, short velocity stacks, small airbox mod and the PCIII.  I took it to a local dyno yesterday to see what it put down, and it made 174hp and 102ftlb of tq.  I was very happy with the outcome, and there was no need to adjust the map that Greg sent either, it was pretty much dead nuts for what I needed.  

The sound it great, and the build quality is by far one of the best I have seen.  The welds are perfect.  The fitment is tight though, so you need to make sure you have it all adjusted and set in place, test fit the plastics, and once it all fits nicely, go back and tighten everything.

Just my 2 cents though.  
smile.gif
I'm not a big fan of the Tsukigi's... maybe its my history with Greg, or maybe it's some things about the exhaust I've heard... I've talked to some people, and they aren't getting the power they should be getting, even with a custom map. Of course, I'm also just a big fan of the Carbon High mounts...

Not sure if it is on all HMF's, but the CF big bird is like a 7+ week lead time now. I ordered mine nearly 5 weeks ago...nothing yet.

One variable that I left off is that I like to run my exhausts without the labels on them. California CHP's like to give tickets for having modified exhausts, so not having the badge on them is very helpfuly in avoiding that issue. The Tsukigi's cannot be ordered without the badge, but you can get the Yosh, HMF and Hindle either w/out the badge and/or it is just a sticker that is easily removed.

The Akro is still not working for me based on the angle of the muffler, which sort of bums me out because I really like the look of the system itself and I know they work.

I really think it is between the Yosh dual tip muffler and the HMF dual high mounts. Which system do you think is quieter or has a better tone? I have not heard either system yet so I am somewhay lost as to what to expect.

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

Well he HMF has a nice deep sound, but it's LOUD. 1 of my best friends went with Muzzy on his Busa after hearing my HMFs. His Exact words.. " F-that i like my Neighbors"

He said he hated riding with me (when he had stock pipes still) because he couldn't hear his bike.

(Cykill @ Apr. 18 2007,05:19) Well he HMF has a nice deep sound, but it's LOUD. 1 of my best friends went with Muzzy on his Busa after hearing my HMFs. His Exact words.. " F-that i like my Neighbors"

He said he hated riding with me (when he had stock pipes still) because he couldn't hear his bike.
Well, I hate my neighbors and one has a loud ass harley with straight pipes he likes to rev up.

I have had my bike in the shop since they moved in, so I can't wait to bring this out after the mods and rattle his windows.

super.gif

Yosh duplex w/dual tip muffler: This has the look I am after, but I am not sure about the performance. The experiences I have had w/Yosh has proven them to be underperformers. If this pipe worked like the Hindle I would get it in a heartbeat. Does it? Does it produce the same power as the HMF or the Hindle?

All time favorite..
super.gif
When I rerapped my can I almost bought the Ti TRS dual tip but price stopped me..

RS3 TI instead.. Still love it.. Suzuki and Yoshimura just plain sounds right, and the hp diff is just so minimal that who cares..
beerchug.gif

2000_Busa_35__Large_.jpg

Oh, I was really hoping the HMF wouldn't be that loud as I was really starting to lean toward them as my first choice.

What's sad is I know the Hindle w/the stepped header will give me everything I am looking for. I just really didn't like the way the muffler leaked at the outlet and put little discoloration marks that couldn't be removed. For my R1 and GSXR's it was okay mainly because those were track only bikes, but for this bike I just want it to look a little better than that.

I guess I am now going to have to really consider the Yosh as my 1st pick. Stock is starting to look really good. lol's

I really don't think my HMFs are that loud. Little deeper and louder than stock but nothing like my sons D&D on his 600.

Has anyboyd seen the HMF Black Chrome muffler? If I go with HMF I am going to find someone to coat the pipes in a satin black but I wasn't too sure what muffler option I was going to go with. My wife doesn't like Carbon Fibre, although I am still working that angle because potentially it could be a lot safer for her.

(tlrbandit @ Apr. 18 2007,12:24) Has anyboyd seen the HMF Black Chrome muffler?  If I go with HMF I am going to find someone to coat the pipes in a satin black but I wasn't too sure what muffler option I was going to go with.  My wife doesn't like Carbon Fibre, although I am still working that angle because potentially it could be a lot safer for her.
HMF has a bunch of different color options. Take a look at there website, or just call them. they are good to deal with.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/

(tlrbandit @ Apr. 18 2007,15:24) Has anyboyd seen the HMF Black Chrome muffler?  If I go with HMF I am going to find someone to coat the pipes in a satin black but I wasn't too sure what muffler option I was going to go with.  My wife doesn't like Carbon Fibre, although I am still working that angle because potentially it could be a lot safer for her.
Haven't seen them in person, but they don't look too bad in the books.I'd say keep working the CF angle, because it is, quite honestly, safer than metal. I didn't get the CF mufflers for the weight savings, I got it to keep from burning my passengers or melting the boots of my passenger. It might cause a bit more, but I think it's worth it... Exhaust burns suck... I still have a burn on my leg from when my leg hit my BDE almost 7 months ago.
AAAssjani.gif

I guess I should push the Carbon a little more. I have the Akro w/Carbon muffler on my CBR 1000 and she hates the way it looks. The Hayabusa is a bike I am willing to let her have some say on based on the options I give her.

I will say the HMF's on the blue and silver Hayabusa posed in this thread look really good and it has the kind of style I like. Plus, with the HMF's mounted high it gives a nice clear look of the wheels.

(tlrbandit @ Apr. 18 2007,16:19) I guess I should push the Carbon a little more.  I have the Akro w/Carbon muffler on my CBR 1000 and she hates the way it looks.  The Hayabusa is a bike I am willing to let her have some say on based on the options I give her.  

I will say the HMF's on the blue and silver Hayabusa posed in this thread look really good and it has the kind of style I like.  Plus, with the HMF's mounted high it gives a nice clear look of the wheels.
Let me help you with a MUCH better pic of my Blue/silver with High mount CF... Cause I'm a pic hor...

my_bike_CF_HMF.jpg

Well, I spent the afternoon trying to find someone who can do a high temp black coating for the mid pipes and came up with nothing. If I go with the HMF's I think the mid pipes would look a lot better black. My 06 LE has a black frame, swing arm and wheels and I think the regular stainless tubing running from the bottom of the bike up to the muffler might look a little odd. Any ideas for high temp black coating? Preferable somewhere in Southern California?

I'm still undecided on the exhaust. If I knew the Yosh performed I would go that route but I am still not a believer. When I switched from my duplex Yosh on my GSXR 1000 to the Hindle with stepped header I gained 6 hp and an avg. 6 ft. lbs torqe across the board. It's really hard to believe that Yosh would get the pipe better for the Busa.

find someone that can do jet-hot ceramic coating. your best bet would be to find a auto speed shop. f-body or mustang speed shop maybe? and see if they can send out pipes to be coated.

I just talked to HMF and they said they will not make the mufflers without the HMF logo on them. I really don't want logo's on the exhaust. Guess I need to think about this a bit longer. Damn, I was so close too!

(tlrbandit @ Apr. 19 2007,14:55) I just talked to HMF and they said they will not make the mufflers without the HMF logo on them.  I really don't want logo's on the exhaust.  Guess I need to think about this a bit longer.  Damn, I was so close too!
It's a sticker. Take some time and be REAL careful and it should come off no problem...

(idolan2005 @ Apr. 17 2007,23:20) I have a titanium brock on mine and yes it leaked a lil, until EJ at brocks gave me  a great idea a lil permatex ultra copper gasket sealer on the mid pipe- canister connection..now no leaks..and it makes wicked power.

The sound is like sex. Smooth and sweet until you want to get nasty, then it screams to you, begging for more!!!!
firedevil.gif

30tnku1.jpg
+ 1 !!! Everything idolan says is true. The instructions for the Brock's/Hindle do say to use the copper sealer at all junctions and it WILL NOT leak. All true AND, while it's a bit more subdubed at idle than my Yoshis were, it literally screams when you get on it and the power is there!
cool.gif
tounge.gif

Back