Exhaust Wrap

neoBusa

Registered
Hi guys.

Went down (minor) and my chrome exhaust got a bad dent and major scratches. I'm thinking any good job to get it fixed will cost loads. Figuring finding some nice looking wrap or exhaust decals. Anyone try that? Can you share some pics and help with ideas.

Tx

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I wouldn't use exhaust wrap. I wrapped pipes on a custom Harley and the pipe broke. Thought it was a freak thing so put another set of pipes on bike and wrapped them. And they broke right on the head pipe. Being trapped between my leg and motor is only thing that kept me from pole vaulting a Sportster. You might get away with it since there's not as much heat in muffler area. Personally I would sand it smooth and use flat black BBQ grill paint until it can be replaced.

I wouldn't use exhaust wrap. I wrapped pipes on a custom Harley and the pipe broke. Thought it was a freak thing so put another set of pipes on bike and wrapped them. And they broke right on the head pipe. Being trapped between my leg and motor is only thing that kept me from pole vaulting a Sportster. You might get away with it since there's not as much heat in muffler area. Personally I would sand it smooth and use flat black BBQ grill paint until it can be replaced.

Painting it black you mean? That would look like stock exhaust, matt black and I prefer another color on my white busa. Also by wrapping, i was mainly considering to wrap a portion of it, that which is damaged. Only issue is it gets very dusty where i live and feel I'm gonna face issues with keeping the wrap clean. Also chain gunk will be an issue as fling tends to add up on the inside which now I can easily wipe clean.

It's really only affecting how it looks.
Header wrap will just hold in moisture and dirt, and make it look worse.
What kind of muffler is it?
Bikes are cosmetic totals by insurance companies every day, and all different parts are trashed or survive.
It's not hard to find a replacement for most mufflers.

It's really only affecting how it looks.
Header wrap will just hold in moisture and dirt, and make it look worse.
What kind of muffler is it?
Bikes are cosmetic totals by insurance companies every day, and all different parts are trashed or survive.
It's not hard to find a replacement for most mufflers.

I've got Micron's installed. Slip-ons. No longer in production. Can't find a pair anywhere. Chrome.

image.jpeg

What are the odds?!
I know, they are hard to come by.
And in full cf too.
I think they are one of the best and most unique looking mufflers for a gen2.
I would just keep looking, never know.
A good tig welder/fabricator could do a repair on that, and would be expensive.
But as rare as they are, you really don't have any other options.
Good luck.

My brother has had the pipes on his Harley wrapped for a few years. I think they look cool. He hasn't had a problem with them.

Back