need help slashing exhaust

dhemp34

Registered
Im slashing my r22 exhaust because of a few dents in the sleeve. (not buying a new one).....So Ive punched out the rivets but cant the end cap off. Does anyone have a how to thread of the entire process. Ive been searching the site for 2 hours and cant find anything on this...Help need to get this done asap

Strife

Donating Member
Registered
Best to drill them out. Get a drill bit just a little bit bigger then the hole in the rivet. Drill it without applying a lot of pressure. Usually the cap part needs to be pull off the drill. it will be hot/warm to the touch. needle nose pliers will help you get it off the bit. not a hard thing to do at all,

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Best to drill them out. Get a drill bit just a little bit bigger then the hole in the rivet. Drill it without applying a lot of pressure. Usually the cap part needs to be pull off the drill. it will be hot/warm to the touch. needle nose pliers will help you get it off the bit. not a hard thing to do at all,
+1 I did mine a few years ago for the same reason. I didn't have any problems getting them out by drilling them.

dhemp34

Registered
ive drilled them... still no go....Ive broke at least 6 bits ...two brand new titanium ones...the holes just seem to get larger because they are in so tight they strip out.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jspence