Exhaust Sound

I have D&D and I have nothing but praise for them I don't think they are loud but O that is right I'm not the one in back.
Just ordered the D&D show and go chrome bolt-ons for my '05 Busa. $450 delivered from parts411.com. Everything I've heard about the Yoshimura slip-ons is that theyre terrific pipes, but really don't change up the volume that much,. and only give a 1 or 2 HP gain, plus theyre gonna run about $600 for the RS-3 Oval Stainless. I want to change the stock exhaust for a louder pipe that isn't going to cost me a fortune, and if the bike only has a 1 or 2 HP gain or loss, I'm honestly not going to be able to tell the difference on this rocketship. Plus I've heard D&D pipes on other bikes and they honestly don't sound that loud unless they are really getting jumped on. I'll let you know how they work out.
Just wanted to add one more comment on loud pipes, and its a free world, you can choose what you want, but I choose a pipe that says here I am you asleep at the wheel, cell phone talkin, don't know how to drive, could care less if I ran your head over car driving type. As far as disturbing anyone with the sound, 95% of H-D drivers are running straight pipes that are louder than a D&D, and buses and tractor trailers are 5 times louder than any D&D exhaust. People just deal with these sounds, they can deal with my pipes, and if not they can eat me.

I like the sound of my Muzzy 4-2-1
cool.gif

I have a full Evo Akrapovic system. And I will tell you what it doesn' sound like my Vance and Hines SS2 off my GSXR 1100. And ya wanna know what I love it. I come home at 4 -5 in the a.m. and my neighbors are not bitchn. Not too mention I have great horses from it.

I went with the Yosh Tri Oval but I also ordered the new tip which is called "bling" go figure but that is what it is called. Anyhow you have to drill out the rivets to put the new tip on so knowing that the stock Yosh pipe sounds good but could be a little louder I had the packing removed than repacked with 1/4 to 1/2 less. That did the trick, at idle it sounds like a bike block muscle car
smile.gif
And when you snap it of course it really comes to life. The stock sound is good but if you want a little more drill out the rivets, remove some packing and rivet back on.

Oh here is a site for sound clips it is okay still don't think you get the true effect because of computer speakers are normally low quaility but check it out, with my speakers allot of them sounded the same.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

Later,

Back