Exhaust Sound

ram4whldr

Registered
Performance aside, what exhaust sounds the best on the Busa? I am thinking about the hmf highmounts but I am also considering the yoshimura and brock davidson.

I've got Two Bros. C2 X-Metal cans and have heard nothing but compliments about how nice and deep they sound especially after they warm up a bit. I've got vids, but they are too big. One of these days I'll make new smaller vids.

You'll have to ask Rhythym how they sound at 10,000 rpms in 6th!
biggrin.gif

This question is asked so often, maybe the moderators should collect a bunch of sound clips or vids and make a sticky.

D&D pipes are very loud and can be a little annoying.

i'm still running stock, but i really like the Yosh pipes.....the D&D are loud if that is what you are looking for.

BDE streetmegaphone, it has a mean sound with the baffle in and sounds like a prostreet drag car with the baffle out.  I have had nothing but compliments on the tone just keep the RPM's low when you come home late at night and the neighbors are asleep.

If you are near DFW we can meet and you can hear it for yourself, you will be very pleased if you like the aggressive sound.

<!--EDIT|sully
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123704935 -->

the Hidle sounds schwweeettt!!! I used to think it was a little too quiet but have found out from other riders here that when its under load its pretty loud. MidnightBusaSD has an HMF on his and he swears mine is louder when I'm on the pipe.

My old Hindle full system with the supersport baffle sounded great.

I really like the sound of my Hindle. Wish I could actually hear it from a position other than on the bike, but don't really trust anybody else to ride my baby.
smile.gif

Vipers... Thats a sweet sound .Deep rumble and not too anoying

Gotta be different here and say I completely love the sound of my Micron

What if you put a Yoshi on the right, and a two bros, on the left?

Might make for a neat sound.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123726200 -->

I have D&D and I have nothing but praise for them I don't think they are loud but O that is right I'm not the one in back.

I have D&D and I have nothing but praise for them I don't think they are loud but O that is right I'm not the one in back.
Just ordered the D&D show and go chrome bolt-ons for my '05 Busa. $450 delivered from parts411.com. Everything I've heard about the Yoshimura slip-ons is that theyre terrific pipes, but really don't change up the volume that much,. and only give a 1 or 2 HP gain, plus theyre gonna run about $600 for the RS-3 Oval Stainless. I want to change the stock exhaust for a louder pipe that isn't going to cost me a fortune, and if the bike only has a 1 or 2 HP gain or loss, I'm honestly not going to be able to tell the difference on this rocketship. Plus I've heard D&D pipes on other bikes and they honestly don't sound that loud unless they are really getting jumped on. I'll let you know how they work out.

Back